PDA

View Full Version : Percentage Odds On Tracking Sheet

Faramund
5th May 2015, 03:31 PM
Hi, have just found the tracking sheet, and it is significantly better than the tracking sheet i was previously using.
Is there any way to put in percentage odds though?
I had a lot of trouble coming up with a way of implementing this in my other tracking sheet, one that i was making myself from scratch without retrospectively working out what the odds were.
I'm asking in relation to bets such as trifectas, first fours and quaddies.

Without having to go back and change odds to Payout/Wager, has anyone formulated it in the sheet to add in a percentage column while still having all the other performance summary etc. working.

My Excel skills leave a little to be desired, and pouring over the formulas can be extremely tedious which is what brought me here when looking for a pre-made tracking sheet.

Thanks for your help!

admin
6th May 2015, 05:23 PM
Hi Faramund,

I take it you are referring to flexi betting? E.g. where you have, say 4 selections and want to place a Lucky 15 wager which consists of 15 bets. So if your stake was $15 the actual stake for each of the 15 bets is $1.

The long way is to input 15 bets, each covering a specific combination that pertains to your bet. Obviously this is really tedious when a high number of selections is involved.

With the current version of the spreadsheet, unfortunately the best thing to do is wait until the bets have concluded and then edit the decimal odds to equal to the payout divided by the stake as you mentioned. It's hard to do it any other way with just one line in the Bets worksheet because the eventual payout depends on which combination of selections wins.

Native support for multi betting is lacking in the spreadsheet because we've been keen to avoid using VBA code or anything that may scare people off due to all of the security warnings that come when opening them. We're also keen to keep the column count down to avoid making the spreadsheet too scary for beginners.

If you can think of a better solution let me know and I'd be happy to take it into consideration for the next version of the spreadsheet.