PDA

View Full Version : Performance Graph - Chronological Order?

SSJ3
17th April 2016, 10:30 PM
Hi,

When recording my bets in the tracker, this is usually not done in chronological time order on any given day (e.g. A bet resulting at 1:30pm may be recorded in the tracker after a bet resulting at 4:30pm). I usually input all of my betting data at the end of each day, and sometimes there are quite a lot of bets to sort through so it makes it hard to input each bet from the day in order of result time. I'm not exactly sure how the performance graph works in this regard (since it tracks high and low profit levels each day) - does the graph rely on input bet data to be listed in time order of resulted bets, or does it work in another way which would make doing so unnecessary?

Thanks, and really appreciate the effort put into the spreadsheet - if there was an industry standard for recording your betting activity, this would be it :)

Cheers
S

admin
18th April 2016, 12:42 PM
Hi SSJ3,

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

If you are using the betting tracker (i.e. not the staking plan calculator), then all bets entered with the same date are treated the same, regardless of the order in which you enter them.

You will see vertical spikes in the performance graph data, these are especially evident when there isn't much data, but become much less noticeable over time. These represent the high and low profit levels for that day.

You can enter the dates in one of two ways:

1) The easier way is to enter each date based on the date that you made the bet. Obviously, the performance graph won't correlate perfectly with the timing of the profits realised. This is because some bets may be on futures markets so any profit/loss won't be realised until much later.

2) You can opt to enter each date based on the actual date of the fixture. For a futures market this could be weeks or months into the future. This approach will cause the performance graph to go haywire, with horizontal lines back and forth, but this can be easily remedied by using Excel to re-sport your Bets data before looking at the graph.

Hopefully that clarifies things! Let me know if you have further questions.

SSJ3
30th April 2016, 11:06 PM
Thanks, yes that definitely clears things up - much appreciated.