PDA

View Full Version : Adding a New Column

SSJ3
24th August 2016, 10:48 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to know whether it's possible to add a new column(s) into the Bets spreadsheet without messing up any of the calculations? I wanted to seperate some of my data, adding two columns - one for Horse Number and the other to contain Track Number, and these would ideally be placed in between other columns already present. I'm guessing it's probably not ideal, but thought I'd check anyway.

Cheers

admin
25th August 2016, 11:38 AM
Hi SSJ3, if you are using the horse and track number for your reference only, then inserting two columns shouldn't be a problem. Excel will automatically update the formulas for you. Just note that there are some merged cells above the table.

If you are looking to reference the track and horse numbers in the Performance sheet, my recommendation is to use the existing Tipper and Custom variable columns to record this data.

SSJ3
9th September 2016, 12:16 PM
Thanks, yes this is for reference purposes only and I'm hoping would make sorting information a bit easier in future if the situation ever did arise. Good to know that columns can be added without affecting the worksheet functions :)