PDA

View Full Version : Adding Betting rows; Exporting from older version to newest

WWWW
24th August 2014, 06:22 PM
Three questions:

1) How can I tell what version I'm currently using? I'm using a copy of a copy - I've labeled it V2_1, but would like to make sure.

2)

"If you require more rows for the Bets worksheet you should:
1. Unlock the Bets worksheet using the instructions above
2. Click on the Excel row number corresponding to the last row of the bets table (make sure the row is empty)
3. In the Home menu ribbon click on Insert (or Insert -> Insert Sheet Rows). Repeat as required."

Haven't done this yet, but it's almost time to.

Is there a way to add many more rows at once, rather than click once per row?

3) Are there more Betting rows in the newest version than my version (assuming I have V2_1)?

4) Can I export everything from my version into the newest version?
It sounds like there are different columns now, some hidden that are on mine and some new ones.

Thank you and looking forward eventually to using the new version.
I guess ideally instead of adding more Betting rows I should export all to the new version, and add rows there. (?).

admin
25th August 2014, 03:44 PM
Hi WWWW,

1. Not all versions make it obvious, so the best way is to scan down the Version History page to see which features your version supports:
http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tools/betting-tracker-excel-worksheet/

2. Yes, you can highlight numerous rows and press Insert -> Insert Sheet Rows. If you highlight 10 rows then 10 new rows will be created, if you highlight 1000 rows, then 1000 new rows will be created, etc.

3. They all have 10,000 rows.

4. You can export from your current version. You just have to make sure the columns line up correctly. I would expand all hidden columns on your sheet first so you have a clear picture of what you're exporting. I also recommend using Paste -> Values (click on the down arrow below the Paste icon at the top of the screen to see the paste options). One way to make the process easier is to hide all rows except the first five and last five of your data. This makes it fast and easy to highlight individual columns without endless scrolling.

I would take a look at the new version and see if there's anything new that you require, otherwise there's little harm in sticking with your current version. If you have run out of space and want to use the latest version I recommend you create at least another 10,000 new rows do you don't find yourself having to repeat the process again too soon.