PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon

casper
21st June 2012, 02:55 PM
Can't wait for Wimbledon to get started. I have my eye (and money) on Djokovic for the men and Sharapova for the women. Also have something on Kerber (60.00 odds) with a view to hedge.

Who does everyone else have their eye on?

I've done well laying Wozniacki at short odds in previous years, put the penny's dropped and she's a 60 odds outsider for this comp. Cjlisters and Serena Williams are unseeded so the draw on Friday should be interesting...

Goodsy
22nd June 2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah looking forward to Wimbledon.. wonder if Serena will bounce back after her shock 1st round exit in the French Open..

As for bets, haven't placed any winners yet..

Not sure if you do.. but its worth jumping on TennisDesire website.. they have a pretty good month to month profit record so far.. enjoy my nightly bets from their suggestions..

casper
25th June 2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah it will be interesting to see how Serena and Kim Cjlisters fare.

Thanks for the tennis link. Looks good!

nobetmistakes
30th June 2012, 11:50 PM
T. Paszek makes a big impression

casper
1st July 2012, 09:33 AM
T. Paszek makes a big impression

I watched her win in Eastbourne (vs Bartoli in semi and Kerber in final) and I was mightily impressed by her attitude. She never got stroppy and has a never say die attitude.

I backed Sharapova, Kerber and Clijsters at the beginning of the tournament and have hedged all three bets since to lock in a profit. I did seriously consider a wager on Paszek to beat Wozniacki in the first round but I wanted her to win so badly that I didn't want the double disappointment of her losing and me losing money if she lost - so I stayed clear... Oh well. I hope she goes far in this tournament.

Caulder
3rd July 2012, 04:44 PM
Hi casper, how do you "hedge all three bets" "to lock in a profit"? Sorry, I'm new to betting... You must be glad you did with Sharapova and Clijsters crashing out!

casper
4th July 2012, 11:32 AM
Hi casper, how do you "hedge all three bets" "to lock in a profit"? Sorry, I'm new to betting... You must be glad you did with Sharapova and Clijsters crashing out!

I use Betfair. With it you can back and lay bets. A back bet is like a regular bet with a bookmaker. A lay bet is a bet that the person/team WON'T win. If you back an outcome at higher odds than you lay an outcome then you could either make a risk-free profit if one wins, or profit regardless of who wins, depending on how you set it up. I had made a back bet on each player and then made a lay bet later on at lower odds and at a higher stake. This is how I hedged.

Goodsy
4th July 2012, 03:46 PM
Im considering placing a bet on Murray to win tournament.... Of the big 3 Djokovic and Federer are on the other side and Nadal who is on Murrays side is out.. so that paves the way open to make the final for Murray.. I heard Tsonga is carrying a slight injury.. Ferrer will be tough though...

So at $6 and now 2nd fave I'm thinking this is a good opportunity for Murray to grab his first major..

Enjoying the tournament so far..

casper
4th July 2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah, Nadal did Murray a huge favour by falling out. Arguably the best two players in the comp are on the same side of the draw now. The same goes for the women's draw.

If Murray makes it to the final you could always back his opponent H2H to lock in a profit. Murray and Ferrer have never played each other on grass, so it will be interesting to see how they fare. My money would be on Murray, but Ferrer will be a real threat...

I'm glad I backed Kerber at the beginning of the comp but I wish I had waited a bit longer before hedging. She's a real chance of making the final.

I'm enjoying the tournament also. The only black spot has been Tomic throwing his toys out of the pram in the first round. His fine was pretty modest given the damage he did to the court.

Goodsy
4th July 2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah, Nadal did Murray a huge favour by falling out. Arguably the best two players in the comp are on the same side of the draw now. The same goes for the women's draw.

If Murray makes it to the final you could always back his opponent H2H to lock in a profit. Murray and Ferrer have never played each other on grass, so it will be interesting to see how they fare. My money would be on Murray, but Ferrer will be a real threat...

I'm glad I backed Kerber at the beginning of the comp but I wish I had waited a bit longer before hedging. She's a real chance of making the final.

I'm enjoying the tournament also. The only black spot has been Tomic throwing his toys out of the pram in the first round. His fine was pretty modest given the damage he did to the court.

I didn't consider that.. nice idea, simple but nice.. i will give that a shot. See how we go..

casper
6th July 2012, 11:26 AM
Good luck Goodsy! His recent record against Tsonga is really good.

casper
7th July 2012, 09:13 AM
Oooh, decisions, decisions! The plan has worked out nicely for you Goodsy. Will you back Fed in the final?

Goodsy
7th July 2012, 11:13 AM
Oooh, decisions, decisions! The plan has worked out nicely for you Goodsy. Will you back Fed in the final?

H2H @ 1.50 is not quite enough for me to dabble.... if anything would consider handicap of -3.5 Fed @1.85

Just get that feeling Fed has hit top form at the right end the tournament and may blast a stressed Murray.. or I might just run my chances and leave it as Murray winner..

Not sure yet.. things to consider..

casper
7th July 2012, 11:29 AM
Good luck either way Goodsy. Should be a cracking final.

I've heard Radwanska is currently ill and had to withdraw from her doubles game. No wonder Serena is so short...