PDA

View Full Version : Bet Type Sub Categories?

geremye
5th September 2014, 12:00 AM
First of all, this is a fantastic spreadsheet. Very impressive.

I am trying to figure out the best way to track when I am betting underdogs/favorites/home/away teams. When you input the bets you really are not inputting that data anywhere that is tracked. ( I am speaking mostly of NFL and NCAA football btw)

The best I have come up with is for Bet Type instead of just having "Spread" as a general type for betting a normal betting line I could put in more specific types such as:

Spread - Home Favorite
Spread - Home Dog
Spread - Road Favorite
Spread - Road Dog

The problem with that is, I would like to see those stats combined as well in the analysis/statistical tools. I could repurpose the Tipster/Capper column to acheive this as well I guess, but I would like to use that as well for its intended purpose. I guess another field where you could use for custom purposes that still was taken into the calculations on the other tabs would be the best way (in addition to Sport/Type/Tipster/Bookmaker). Then I can just have "Spread" as the bet type, then in the other field you could specify other types of categories you might want to isolate.

Let me know if that makes sense, and if I am missing something and there is already a way to do this.

Thanks alot. Great work.

admin
5th September 2014, 10:59 AM
Hi geremye,

Thanks, I'm glad you like the spreadsheet :)

What you've written makes perfect sense. I have previously resisted introducing another filter column because it would have pushed some of the formulas in the Performance Summary sheet over the character limit imposed by Excel. Now that we're shifting support to Excel 2007 onwards the effective limit is now 8192 characters, so I'm confident I can now achieve a new filter. This will likely feature in the next version of the spreadsheet.

In the meantime, given that you bet primarily on the NFL and NCAAF, what you could do is maintain a separate spreadsheet for each sport. While this isn't ideal, particularly when it comes to the 'Available Funds' feature, it would free up the 'Sport / League' column to be used as a custom filter. Once a version of the spreadsheet becomes available that has the additional filter you could then combine the two sheets into one.

geremye
5th September 2014, 02:44 PM
actually i do bet bball, soccer, mma, etc. just was using that for the examples.

i can workaround it with splitting out the bet types for know. that would not be too difficult to migrate to a newversion when more fields are available.

how often do you guys update it?

thanks for the quick response.

admin
5th September 2014, 03:55 PM
Updates are pretty sporadic, although the next one may be this month.

admin
15th September 2014, 04:46 PM
Hi geremye,

Version 2.16 of the advanced betting tracker has been released. It features a new field that can be used for the purpose of your choosing, such as tracking the home favourite, etc.
http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tools/betting-tracker-excel-worksheet/

geremye
16th September 2014, 12:43 AM
awesome. you are the man