PDA

View Full Version : English Premier League - Round 3

admin
24th August 2011, 04:45 PM
Round 3 of the English Premier League kicks off this weekend with Tottenham vs Manchester City and Manchester United vs Arsenal likely to be the headline fixtures. Arsenal's transfer and injury woes have resulted in Manchester United opening at 1.43 as they prepare to host the Gunners. High scoring Manchester City will start as marginal favourites away at Tottenham.

Below are the latest fixture odds (subject to change).

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-24_epl_round_03.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

qtip
24th August 2011, 05:58 PM
We could see a fair number of draws this week. I can't see Arsenal troubling Man Utd at the moment.

Are you going to have a crack at another multi this week Goodsy?

Goodsy
24th August 2011, 06:56 PM
haha - I dont think I will this week, im 0/2 on EPL multis and down $20. So may leave it awhile.. also the special with sportingbet is finished..

Giving the above list a quick glance... i got my eyes on another Man City win.. and perhaps a draw between Newcastle v Fulham. Will have a closer look yet..

qtip
26th August 2011, 07:02 PM
Tottenham v Man City should be a great game. I have high expectations for both these sides this season.

I'm on the Man City bandwagon too, with three players (no more are allowed) on my fantasy team. Anything over 2.00 for Man City h2h is probably worth a shout - I was disappointed with Tottenham last week.

I'd back Man Utd to take all three points against Arsenal.

Looking at the fixtures I don't blame you for sitting out a multi this week. I can't find 4 games to feel confident about. At least you won't be binded by the 6.00 odds restriction now that the promo is over.

digga1799
27th August 2011, 08:02 AM
come on boys no sitting on the fence!!!! if you were betting with someone else's money what would be good bets

Andy Marshall
27th August 2011, 10:13 AM
I think it would be a good idea to keep posting the 4 legged multi, even if we aren't going to bet on it. It will still build our knowledge of whether it is worth persisting with in the future.

Here is mine for this week (in order of confidence)
Chelsea
Liverpool
Wigan
Newcastle and Fulham to Draw (I hate the draw as a bet, but as others have said...tough weekend)
Combined Odds approx 11.90

Goodsy
27th August 2011, 01:09 PM
Ill have a look at an EPL 4 leg multi and post my thoughts soon... in the meantime gone a big european multi:

Kaiserslautern v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Norwich
Liverpool v Bolton
Cagliari v Milan
Lyon v Montpellier
St. Mirren v Celtic
Rangers v Aberdeen
Lazio v Chievo
Inter v Lecce

So yeah, its a long shot with so many games... but teams that you would expect to win across the European leagues.... got $5 on it @$22.57

qtip
27th August 2011, 01:11 PM
Okay digga1799, here are my picks:

Chelsea @ 1.18
Man Utd @ 1.43

Not very exciting, I know, but I prefer the lower divisions for betting.

For my ambitious 4 legged multi:

Chelsea
Man Utd
Blackburn & Everton to draw
Swansea & Sunderland to draw
Combined odds: 17.28

Goodsy
27th August 2011, 02:52 PM
For my singular bets..

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton @$1.95
Liverpool v Bolton @$1.38
Tottenham v Manchester City @$2.45
Manchester United v Arsenal @$1.46

If I based that for my 4 leg multi that would be $9.63 based on current Sportingbet odds.

Villa v Wolves - tough game, both in form.. going the home team with more attacking options.
Totenham v Man City - another tough game, Spurs were dissapointing last week, would expect them to bounce back at home. Though Man City are the form team of the comp. Man City are $1.77 draw-no-bet, thats not a bad option.

Some good games this week..

pominoz
27th August 2011, 05:44 PM
Best of luck Goodsy. Drinks are on you if that European multi gets up :)

Here is my 4-leg multi for the week (in order of confidence):
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City +0.5
West Brom to draw Stoke

Odds: 7.61

pominoz
27th August 2011, 05:50 PM
Out of curiosity, what is everyone's best ever multi?

Mine is this six-leg effort back in April '09: Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Aston Villa & Everton all to win. I don't recall their opponents, as that's all I have recorded. I do know that Everton were at 2.90 odds, which was the riskiest element of the multi.

The good news is it was a winning bet at 24.10 odds. The bad news is I only wagered $1!

digga1799
27th August 2011, 07:18 PM
mine was last week 8leg multi man utd and villa in the soccer and lions and westcoast with the line bets in afll and eagles,warriors -6.5 tigers and manly and the price was $40.17.

i like mixing sports for a multi when you have 5 or more legs
this is my first week on this site i love it.

pominoz
27th August 2011, 08:00 PM
8 legs for 40.17, that's huge! How much did you wager?

I agree about mixing sports for multis. That week in '09 I looked at the fixtures line up and happened to have strong opinions about six of the games. Hasn't happened since.

The forum's actually really young. I can't find any posts before Aug. Hopefully more people will get onto it.

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Thats awesome digga1799... well done.

ive only got into the whole betting thing since July, so im still learning. Only really started doing multis the last few weeks.

My big euro multi i got going on at the moment is still alive... im 5/5, the annoying thing i hve found out though is that the italian games have been postponed.. so will miss out on 3 of my games therefore drastically reducing the odds and payout if it comes off. I only have 1 game remaining tonight.. I think its Celtic....

Ahh well, still as long as i can win it its still money.

We should start a multi thread somewhere anbd post up our multis for the weekend... so we can discuss and take ideas from each other..

Andy Marshall
28th August 2011, 12:57 PM
Here is mine for this week (in order of confidence)
Chelsea
Liverpool
Wigan
Newcastle and Fulham to Draw (I hate the draw as a bet, but as others have said...tough weekend)
Combined Odds approx 11.90

Still in it. Most risky leg to finish it off though.

As far as multi's go, for the second half of last year I was doing a 6-leg euro multi, picking a winner from each of Europe's top leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Scotland). I got it 3 times with odds between $8 and $13. It was my most profitable type of bet. At the end of the season I finished slightly down (about a 1.5%), which was due to the EPL rather than the Euro multi.

gonzo
28th August 2011, 03:25 PM
Only my second bet in soccer this year, last night. After getting shafted by the saints, who should have won by less i lost $200 in a multi with the eagles 1-39 to net me over $1000.00!!! I acted on impulse and put together this multibet, all to win only. Chelsea, liverpool, nuremburg and auxerre @4.79 with a stake $210. I won $1,006 on that bet. I'm set for the US open now.

pominoz
28th August 2011, 03:51 PM
My multi is still in it too, although only one fixture in it has been played - Chelsea to win :)

I've just checked my betting log and have found I have a winning record for multi betting. I haven't done it for a while but all this talk has whetted my appetite for it again.

Congrats gonzo on your takings. You've just destroyed my record for a weekend's return, although I'm a $10 bet man usually.

gonzo
28th August 2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks pominoz! I rarely bet on soccer and at that amount the win was ever so sweet!

Goodsy
29th August 2011, 08:34 AM
Ill have a look at an EPL 4 leg multi and post my thoughts soon... in the meantime gone a big european multi:

Kaiserslautern v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Norwich
Liverpool v Bolton
Cagliari v Milan
Lyon v Montpellier
St. Mirren v Celtic
Rangers v Aberdeen
Lazio v Chievo
Inter v Lecce

So yeah, its a long shot with so many games... but teams that you would expect to win across the European leagues.... got $5 on it @$22.57

My multi got up... pity that the Italian games got post poned. SO instead of winning a possible $110.. I won $32 :-(

Ahh well, still a good get and all adds to the account. Def multis on different sports/leagues is the way to go..

Goodsy
29th August 2011, 08:37 AM
My multi is still in it too, although only one fixture in it has been played - Chelsea to win :)

I've just checked my betting log and have found I have a winning record for multi betting. I haven't done it for a while but all this talk has whetted my appetite for it again.

Congrats gonzo on your takings. You've just destroyed my record for a weekend's return, although I'm a $10 bet man usually.

Yeah same.. except a few weeks ago I had a shocking weekend so have been reducing my bets to $5 last weeks. Though happy to say I have picked up some form again and back in the winners circle. So will look at going back to $10 again.. as my account builds then so will the stake.. baby steps in the meantime.

qtip
29th August 2011, 03:34 PM
Congrats on the multi Goodsy.

I'm like you pominoz, all this multi talk has me wanting to try it. Bring on the weekend! Actually, I don't have to wait that long... bring on the tennis!

I don't suppose anyone backed Man Utd to win by 6+ goals? I'm looking forward to watching a taped version of the replay tonight.

Andy Marshall
29th August 2011, 10:10 PM
The multi is where it's at. Well done to those who succeeded this weekend! Top stuff.