Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Potential Payout Not Calculating Correctly - American Odds

I love everything about the excel tracker but I am unable to get the correct potential payouts on my bets. For example, I bet the Cavs to beat the Bulls for $23 to win $20. The odds that were given to me were Cavs -105. When I enter $23 in the stake column and -105 in the odds column the potential payout says $48.81.

I am new to this and may be doing something wrong. Can someone please help me out? I am using the betting_tracker_v2_20_basic.

Thanks

Edit: I have selected American Odds in the settings tab in case you thought that was the issue.

Hi bball,

That is strange, although if you're wagering $23 to win a $20 profit would the American odds be -115 rather than -105?

When I tried your bet details of $23 at -105 odds I get a potential payout of $44.90. Note that the payout includes the original $23 stake, so it equates to a $21.90 profit.

When I enter $23 at -115 odds I get a potential payout of $43, which equates to a $20 profit.

If you're still having struggles send me a PM and I'll give you an email address that you can send your copy of the spreadsheet to.

Let me know if you have further questions.