Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

New sheet V2.21 Advanced

Hi , Congrats on a brilliant worksheet you have created !!
    I have just downloaded the latest version (i have previously been using V2.16)
    i have about 10 different tipsters i run currently and was wondering how the unit size will cope
    as i have my main tipsters running at £40 per point but some of the smaller ones running at £5 per point
    does the sheet just have one setting so in effect would only be of use if i was operating the same staking level across all tipsters ?
    Would you recommend running a worksheet per tipster (this way i could enter the unit per £ relative to each tipster ?

Also is there an easy way i can view the performance graph per tipster rather than for my full betting performance as i would like to view
    the graph for each tipster ?

Thanks & Best Wishes Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks, I'm glad you like the worksheet

The unit feature was first added to v2.21 so it doesn't have much functionality yet.

For custom units for each tipper, my recommendation is to add a new column in the Settings sheet to list unit values for each tipper. These could then be referenced using a vlookup() function by the Betting Performance table in the Performance Summary sheet. An alternative quick hack would be to set the unit size to £1 and then create a new column in the performance table which manually multiplies the units by 40, 5, etc., based on each tipper.

As for the performance graph, I'm hoping that the next version of the spreadsheet will provide a filter setting to apply to the graph. This will enable you to display the graph for a particular tipster, etc. If you're handy with Excel you could create one yourself by creating a new column next to Profit in the working cells area of the Bets worksheet (scroll to the right until you find it). The new column could simply use an if function to adjust the profit for each bet depending on whether the tipper name matches one that you entered into a cell elsewhere.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions.

Hi Mate, I added a column in settings sheet Called £/Unit and inputted each value relevant to each tipster and then i tried the Vlookup feature and couldnt get that working at all (its beyond my level)
    what i did in the end was added a bit to the formula in the My betting performance (UNIT PROFIT SECTION) it now reads like this =IF(LEN($A38)>0,IF(UNIT>0,C38/UNIT,C38),"")/Settings!L6 will this cause problems later on ?
    WHat is the difference in doing it my way or the V Lookup way
    Thanks Matt

Administrator
    Hi Matt, your approach should work just as well. Given you will never change the order of the tippers in your list there is no real difference between the two approaches.