• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy50
    • Aug 2023

Stragies to control gambling

Is this topic allowed on this forum

I have just banned myself from online gambling so I have to go to the tab to place a bet
  • admin
    • Aug 2011

Hi Andy50,

Yes! This topic is more than welcome. We actually published an article on BetStop - The National Self-Exclusion Register recently:
    https://www.aussportsbetting.com/202...sion-register/

Comment

• blackswan
      • Sep 2014

My number one rule for gambling is to borrow the expression from microeconomics and "think at the margin."

If I deposit $100 and soon find myself down to $65, I don't try to win back my money to return to $100. I instead bet to try to end up with more than $65.

If I deposit $100 and soon find myself up to $120, I don't treat the $20 profit as free money to bet with wildly. I instead bet to try and end up with more than $120.

Whatever your account balance is, pretend that it was your deposit amount.

If you find yourself consistently losing, take a break to reassess your strategy. Suppose you deposited $100, have bet through that amount and are down to $65. If you don't feel that you have an edge on the bookmaker, simply withdraw the $65. Don't treat it as lost money and bet wildly until your account balance is zero.

Comment

• Rodrigueztoman
        • Jan 2024

What I do is I plan What day I want to gamble on and If I win that;s good If not Then fck it. I haven't gambled from the past 2 months and planning to gamble on my bday which is in march. This has worked so far for me.

Comment

Working...
        X