Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Charlotte Bobcats (NBA)

Most of the time when betting I focus on the strongest teams, but occasionally I spend my energy betting against a hopeless side, and at the moment I'm picking on the Charlotte Bobcats. They're 3 and 24 at the moment and have lost their last 14 games.

Another team going through a rough patch are the New Orleans Hornets who have lost their last 8 for a 4 and 23 record.

Are there any other teams in other leagues & sports that are worth picking on at the moment?

Just on that Algernon... what sort of odds are you getting ? Are you just going for H2H ? Just curious as I am always interested in other peoples strategies..

Yeah, I go h2h because with line you just never know how much effort the players will put in if there's a clear winner. For example the Heat could be leading the Mavs by 15 and you have a line bet looking good for Miami -11.5. The next thing you know they sub their best players and end up winning by 9. At least with h2h you know that it's as important to them as it is to you.

The odds for the Bobcats are falling each game. For the Bobcats at home against the 76ers (who are a much better team) this morning I got 1.11. The 76ers won 98-89. That's now 15 losses on the trot for the Bobcats. They're playing Minnesota next who have lost their last 4, so the odds should be higher for that one.

One team to keep an eye out for are the Knicks. One of their players Jeremy Lin has got hot as hell recently, and they've gone from 8-15 to 13-15 on the back of a 5 game streak.

San Antonio are ticking along almost unnoticed, but are on a 7 game winning streak.

With the frequent games, streaks are very common in the NBA. It's just a matter of picking up on them early. With five people on the court for each team, it's really important to keep track of who's injured, because that can impact things heavily. Also the road trips with consecutive and back to back away games can wear teams down, so its a good idea to keep track of the team schedules.

Hi everyone,

Here is an article on the ASAP Power Rankings service for the NBA, provided by the All Sports and Prices Index.

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/2012...ookmaker-odds/

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    Yeah, I go h2h because with line you just never know how much effort the players will put in if there's a clear winner. For example the Heat could be leading the Mavs by 15 and you have a line bet looking good for Miami -11.5. The next thing you know they sub their best players and end up winning by 9. At least with h2h you know that it's as important to them as it is to you.

The odds for the Bobcats are falling each game. For the Bobcats at home against the 76ers (who are a much better team) this morning I got 1.11. The 76ers won 98-89. That's now 15 losses on the trot for the Bobcats. They're playing Minnesota next who have lost their last 4, so the odds should be higher for that one.

One team to keep an eye out for are the Knicks. One of their players Jeremy Lin has got hot as hell recently, and they've gone from 8-15 to 13-15 on the back of a 5 game streak.

San Antonio are ticking along almost unnoticed, but are on a 7 game winning streak.

With the frequent games, streaks are very common in the NBA. It's just a matter of picking up on them early. With five people on the court for each team, it's really important to keep track of who's injured, because that can impact things heavily. Also the road trips with consecutive and back to back away games can wear teams down, so its a good idea to keep track of the team schedules.
    Have u had much luck picking up on any winning/losing streaks lately ?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodsy View Post
    Have u had much luck picking up on any winning/losing streaks lately ?
    I had a good run with the Heat, who went on a nine game streak. Funnily enough I tried to bet on them against Utah but didn't login in time before the game so missed out, only to watch them lose! They have since lost to the LA Lakers, so they're on a two game losing streak at the moment. Their next fixture is against New Jersey, so they should win that one.

The schedule is brutal this year due to the shortened season. Imagine having to play with this frequency:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...Mia/miami-heat

Another strong team to track is Chicago. They're on a six game winning streak at the moment:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule.../chicago-bulls

The Charlotte Bobcats continue to suck for a living:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...rlotte-bobcats
    The season can't come to an end soon enough for them.

Hey Algernon... have you noticed in the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins are on a hot streak at the moment ? Picked up their 11th win in a row today. Coming home with a storm to fight it out for top spot.

Also worth keeping one eye on Colarado Avalanche.. they are not on a streak at the moment, though did knock off Eastern Conference leaders New York Rangers away from home today... Avalanche have been playing some real good hockey very recently. Goalie Varmalov and rookie Landersberg and recent signing Guinn have been in good form.. they are coming home with a wet sail to be right back in the playoff picture. I had a couple of wins with them last week.. was too scared today against Rangers, annoyed with myself I didn't back my gut feeling.
    Last edited by Goodsy; 18th March 2012 at 08:42 PM.

I actually don't follow the NHL at the moment, but thanks for pointing that out Goodsy. 11 in a row for NHL is incredible. Looking at the tables the Atlantic division looks a tough place to be with four teams over 40 wins. Likewise for the Central division. Are you backing Philadelphia too? I see they're 8-1-1 in recent form.

In the NBA Milwaukee are on a charge for the playoffs althought the Knicks have picked up form again after their wobbles. The Lakers are the in-form team in the Western Conference. Charlotte have picked up (by their standards).

Another good sport for streaks is the MLB when that starts up again in early April (I think).

Charlotte are on a 17 game losing streak at the moment. They're playing Chicago (top team in the Eastern Conference) next and you can get 1.11 on Chicago at Betfair, which seems generous.

Charlotte are on track now to be the worst team in NBA history.