Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Problems with v2_16_advanced.

I've used up all the rows in the version I've been using = v2_1, and instead of adding more rows there I'm upgrading to v2_16_advanced.

I've added 20,000 more rows.
    I've cleared out the sample data.

I use Excel 2010.

Two problems:

1) When I was deleting sample data (either your suggested method of "Delete" on keyboard after highlighting, or, my method of highlighting then right click and left click "Clear Contents" (not "Delete" on the right click menu), each time I deleted something, even one cell, I'd get the revolving circle for 10-15 seconds.

2) After the deletions, I realized I need to change the dropdown under "Odds Type" to American odds.
    Both times now that I've done this, I get the circle rotating forever, and if I click on a cell, the entire window turns hazy and at the top it says after "V2_16_advanced.xlsx", "(Not Responding)".

Is the copy of the spreadsheet that I downloaded corrupted?
    Last edited by WWWW; 16th November 2014 at 02:14 PM.

I just thought of unprotecting the "Settings" page before changing the Odds Format.
    However, it's made no difference, still get the forever rotating circle.

I guess I'll download another copy and try changing Odds Format to American in that workbook and see what happens.

Downloaded another copy, this one let me change to American Odds without a problem on "Settings" page.
    When I delete, only get the rotating circle for about 3 seconds.

Just hoping that expanding to 30k rows from 10k did not create the problem?
    But will find out, as I'll do that next I guess.

Hi WWWW,

Version 2.16 advanced is incredibly resource intensive, especially if you've added that many rows. If you don't require the closing odds feature I would recommend 2.16 standard instead. Another option is you have a look at 2.15 advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi WWWW,

Version 2.16 advanced is incredibly resource intensive, especially if you've added that many rows. If you don't require the closing odds feature I would recommend 2.16 standard instead. Another option is you have a look at 2.15 advanced.
    I think it worked out - just got back to it.

1) Did you change the "Performance Graph" from v2_1?
    The graph in v2_16 - if it's working correctly which I really hope it is - now has a straight line from my lowest point to my current point.
    That's in addition to the day by day up and down graph line.

2) Thank you for incorporating some of my suggestions into subsequent versions.

Suggestion for the next version - Tracking for Expenses directly related to the betting - mainly:

Tipsters
    Line Service
    (Anything else? - Apps, etc.).

Hi WWWW,

1) If you attach a screenshot I can see if it looks accurate.

2) Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi WWWW,

1) If you attach a screenshot I can see if it looks accurate.

2) Thanks for the suggestions!
    "2) Thanks for the suggestions!"

You're welcome. Thanks for the great work you do.

"1) If you attach a screenshot I can see if it looks accurate."

Is there supposed to be a perfect straight line from the lowest point on the graph to my current amount?

This is in addition to the day to day tracking, which is up and down, not a perfectly straight line.

It sounds like there may be a bet in your Bets sheet with an erroneous date, i.e. the wrong year or something. This can cause the graph to draw backward lines. There shouldn't be a straight line like you've described in the graph.

Just a thought regarding tracking tipper expenses. My recommendation is to create a bet type called something like "Tipper Fees" and then input the fees as losing bets with 2.00 (decimal) odds. You can then view the Performance Summary with the tipper performance table now adjusted for fees.

I'd like to be able to filter all of your columns beginning with Column A (Date).

I find that you've already equipped some of the columns with filters - e.g., Columns B/C/E/F/G, but for some reason not Columns A/D/H.

How do I add filters to these columns?

Also, the items in the filters are not in alphabetical order.
    I guess they're copying the info that I entered in the Settings page?

What I had done with v2_1 I'd been using was a friend added filters to the top of each column, in what is Row 10 in v2_16.

I'm not sure how he did that - could you please explain? Thank you.

When I say "filters" - I was not filtering out any info. But if I wanted to only see NFL bets for example, I'd uncheck all and then check NFL in the "Sport/League" Column C.
    Last edited by WWWW; 25th November 2014 at 07:23 PM.

I see now that what I'm calling a filter that you've provided is not actually a filter at all.
    It's a dropdown that lists everything I've listed in the Settings page applicable to that Column.

I'd like to have a filter I can click on at the top of every Column, as I did with my previous spreadsheet.

Incidentally, I'd also like to make the suggestion that this be included in the next version.

Or at least instructions for how to do so if one wishes to.

I see that the filters at the top of Columns which I wanted to add do already exist in your Betting Tracker v2_16, but you've placed them in row 1.
    In v2_1 I placed the filters in the same row that the Column headers are in (e.g., in v2_16 that would be the combined rows 9/10).

My problem now is that the filter for Column A "Date" is in Row 1/Column C rather than on the top of Row A.

That's not a problem in itself, but there is no filter for Column B "Bookmaker" nor for Column C "Sport/League". (As mentioned, Row 1 in Column C contains the filter for "Date" Column A.

The other Columns all seem to have filters in Row 1 at the top of each respective Column beginning with Column D.

How can I add a filter for Columns B "Bookmaker" and Column C "Sport/League"?

And out of curiosity, why didn't you apply these filters to Columns B and C since all others have them?
    And why is Column A's filter at the top of Column C?

Incidentally, after unlocking the "Bets" page I tried to apply filters for Columns B and C by clicking on e.g. cell B 9/10 (which is combined as one cell), then going to "Data" and clicking "Filter".
    However rather than adding a filter for Column B, it instead makes all the filters in Row 1 disappear.

Clicking "Data"/"Filter" a 2nd time brings them all back - but doesn't add a filter for Column B " Bookmaker.

Thanks for your help as always.
    Last edited by WWWW; 27th November 2014 at 03:33 PM.

Hi WWWW,

Email me a copy of your spreadsheet and I'll take a look.