PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open Tennis: ATP: Novak Djokovic - Stanislas Wawrinka

paul8209
29th January 2015, 08:29 PM
Australian Open Tennis: ATP: Novak Djokovic - Stanislas Wawrinka

This is a repeat of last years semi final, which Stanislav Wawrinka won 9-7 in the 5th set, then going on to beat Rafael Nadal in the final, to claim his first grand slam title. He clearly loves it here and has now won 12 straight matches in Melbourne, a late developer, he has come out from under the apron strings of Roger Federer and is now a big player in his own right. Before that breakthrough win over Djoko last year, there were clear signs that it was about to happen, the pair had met in both hardcourt slams in 2013 and whilst Novak won both, they each went the distance, Stan the Man leading 2-1 in New York and taking the Serbian player to the brink at this tournament , 12-10 in the fifth. So, their last two neetings in Melbourne have produced 115 games and I would not be surprised to see something similar tonight, infact, I expect it !

Djokovic has looked imperious so far, but did not face a real test until meeting Milos Raonic in the quarter finals, after a tough first set , he brushed the big serving Canadian away with some ease. Wawrinka was expected to struggle against Kei Nishikori , whom many had tipped as a dark horse for this event, but Stan was dominant from the start and barely allowed the Japanese player a look in until the third set. Their was some history between the two , with Nishikori having beaten Wawrinka at the US Open last year in a QF that the Swiss player felt he should have won, he came out this time VERY aggressive and pumped and served really well. Afterwards he spoke about how he feels his game has gone up a level from last year, a few of those Q&A can be read at the foot of this email and what really shines through is how much more confident he is now, not just as a tennis player, but as a man. he is certainly not afraid of Djokovic, or anyone else for that matter and I feel he has a far better chance of winning this than the odds of circa 4.5 (22%) indicate. He is 6-0 in tie breaks this year, which will give him confidence and if it is not stating the obvious (which it is), Djokovic gets very vulnerable once he loses four games in a set and his tie break record last year (14-11) was well below his career average. Wawrinka's serve, as well as his all round game, is improving year upon year and I expect him to push Djoko all the way.

1 unit Stanislas Wawrinka to win 4.33-4.50 general quote....there is 4.80 with Betfair and 4.66 @ Pinnacle, bith of which van be bet through Sportmarket Pro.

0.6 units Djokovic to win 3-2 in sets .....6.50-7.50 general quote.

That equates to circa 2.80 for Wawrinka to win two or more sets and looks decent value about last year's champion, who is at the very top of his game and has taken Djokovic the distance in their last three grand slam meetings on the surface.

source: http://www.clubgowi.com