PDA

View Full Version : Error #NAME?

musicmantribalx
11th February 2015, 04:59 AM
Hello,

First, thank you for the wonderful spreadsheet. It's a tremendous help.

However, I am having a few issues getting it to work. I believe that I have correctly entered the required data in the settings, deposits, and bets sheets, but in the bets sheet, in the table for At Risk-Payout-Profit/Loss all it is displaying is #NAME? for all entries. The same error occurs on the Available Funds sheet (although, it does correctly calculate Net Deposits, Bonus Credit, and Net Winnings). What could be the cause of this?

Please let me know if you require any more information to help, and I thank you in advance.

admin
11th February 2015, 08:55 AM
Hi musicmantribalx,

The #NAME error occurs if a formula is trying to reference a name that it can't find. Looking at the first "At Risk" cell the formula is:
=ROUND(IF(M9<>"Y";IF(P9<>"Y";K9;K9*(BB9-1));0);ROUNDING)

It seems like the spreadsheet can't find the ROUNDING variable, which should be located in a hidden cell R4 in the Settings worksheet. Have you made any changes to this sheet? If you unlock the Bets worksheet (using the password sport) and change the formula for cell R9 to:
=ROUND(IF(M9<>"Y";IF(P9<>"Y";K9;K9*(BB9-1));0);2)
does this fix the problem? If so, then it is the ROUNDING variable that the spreadsheet can't find. What you could do then is enter the value 2 into a cell somewhere in the sheet then select Insert -> Names -> Define. Call the cell ROUNDING and see if that fixes the issue.

If you're still experiencing issues, send me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send your spreadsheet to.