PDA

View Full Version : French Open WTA Sam Stosur- Maria Sharapova

paul8209
29th May 2015, 07:07 PM
French Open WTA Sam Stosur- Maria Sharapova

Both players after slow career starts in Paris have learned to not only thrive at, but to love Roland Garros. Sam Stosur is a three time semi finalist here and was big odds on favourite in the 2010 final, but lost out to Francesca Schiavone. Masha has appeared in the last three finals at RG and is a two time winner and defending champion and those are words I never expected to be typing, but we have to now consider her a clay court champion, but if I am being honest, I still have a problem with that. However, she has a 14-2 lifetime record against the 31 yo Australian and should win today, but their last two meetings on the surface that were not played in Madrid ( we discussed the non-clay like surface there earlier in the week) have gone the distance, the first of those to 7-5 in the third and Stosur was well on top in the second, which came in R4 last year. Stosur's kick serve has been wildly successful, especially at RG, but is less effective against Sharapova, given her height and huge reach, but in the last couple of year's Stosur has added more variety to her serve and that might be the reason it has been a little more effective against the Russian superstar in recent meetings on the surface. Given that and the fact that Stosur is in much better form coming in this year, winning Strasbourg and only dropping five games in winning her two opening matches, I like the underdog to again take a set. Samantha Stosur +1.5 sets 2.02 Pinnacle Sports/Sportmarket Pro.

Best odds for Stosur to win and Sharapova to win 2-1 in sets is the same thing and will even get you slightly higher odds, actually the 4.0 + for the latter (Masha in three sets) is a really attractive quote.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

http://www.clubgowi.com