PDA

View Full Version : ATP: Andy Murray- David Ferrer

paul8209
3rd June 2015, 07:34 PM
ATP: Andy Murray- David Ferrer

Andy Murray is in great form on clay, has not lost since his wedding and took the titles at Munich and Madrid, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, Madrid is not a real clay surface /enviroment and he beat relatively little in Bavaria . Jeremy Chardy took him much closer that the four set scoreline suggests in R4 , despite making pushing 70 unforced errors and yes, the British #1 is playing with huge confidence and improved on the surface, but I do not feel that improvement is of the same level as others believe and today will be a real test. Also , this is all a bonus for Murray, he will be very focused on the grass court season which is hurtling towards us and the North American hardcourt campaign beyond that and subsconciously, he might feel that a deep run here could be counterproductive in the bigger scheme of things.

For David Ferrer, the reverse is close to true, he is capable on hardcourts, but grass is something he lies on in his garden and his season is focused mainly around the clay court tournaments and the next six weeks of the year will not have even entered his mind. H2h wise Murray leads 9-6, but it is 4-0 to Ferrer on clay, including a four set win here three years ago where he dominated the big points, forced Murray into a lot of errors and won by six games. Today we can get a 3.5 handicap start on the Spanish player and that just does not feel right in my book, Murray has won the last five h2h meetings, which all came on fast surfaces, including at Wimbledon, but Ferrer took a set in four, all were close and I have no option today ...........

David Ferrer +3.5 games 1.94 Pinnacle Sports/ Sportmarket Pro.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

http://www.clubgowi.com