PDA

View Full Version : How to easily separate won bets from lost bets

GoingTo11
27th January 2022, 02:20 AM
Hello,

I'm working on taxes in the US, which requires that I separately sum won bets (per book) and lost bets (per book), so that I can input both figures on the tax forms. As far as I can tell the (completely amazingly great) tracker sheet just automatically nets out wins and losses.

Could anyone help me figure out the least-invasive way to filter won bets and lost bets? Ideally, I'd love to do so in a way that maintains the other breakdowns the tracker already does -- most importantly, breaking down by book, since that's what I need. So ultimately what I what is a filter for won bets (broken out by book) and lost bets (broken out by book).

I'm sure I could do manual filtering in the sheet and then re-sum, but I'm wondering if there's some way to do this that leverages the per-book breakdown that the sheet already has.

Many thanks.

admin
27th January 2022, 06:33 PM
Hi GoingTo11,

Hopefully this will suit your needs:

Create a new sheet in the workbook and create a three-column table. The headers would be A1: Book | B1: Won Bets | C1: Lost Bets.

The first column would simply list your books. The easiest way would be to reference them from the Settings sheet.

If you have Book #1 in cell A2 then in the second column the formula would be:
=SUMIFS(PROFIT,AGENCY,A2,WIN,"Y")

and in the third column the formula would be:
=SUMIFS(PROFIT,AGENCY,A2,WIN,"N")

The above assumes you haven't been placing Asian Handicap bets. An alternative is:
Wins:
=SUMIFS(PROFIT,AGENCY,A2,PROFIT,">0")
Losses:
=SUMIFS(PROFIT,AGENCY,A2,PROFIT,"<0")

You would then copy this formula down for the rest of your books.

GoingTo11
31st January 2022, 04:01 AM
Thanks, will give it a shot, appreciate the reply!