PDA

View Full Version : SL V AUS 3rd Test

pominoz
16th September 2011, 03:30 PM
Play is underway with a draw looking likely given the pitch conditions and some rain predicted.

From cricinfo: "We're preparing for a long haul on a traditionally flat SSC pitch," Clarke said two days before the match. The SSC surface tends to produce hefty first-innings scores - at least in the past few years - and the team that wins the toss will certainly be batting."

Currently Aus 20/1

SL: 6.00
Australia: 3.75
Draw: 1.57

I'll probably play the waiting game and see how things develop before I jump in.

Goodsy
16th September 2011, 05:03 PM
While a draw is the likely outcome on this match.. ive gone for a winner on each side, again, considering odds for a win are high... though odds have increased since I placed my bets.. ive gone -

SL win - $15 @4.75 with a profit of $41.25
AUS win - $15 @3.50 with a profit of $22.50

So financially i will be better off if SL win, but I will be cheering AUS all the way..

Im hoping with the clouds around that the ball may move if we pitch it up... Johnson is due a match winning performance.

Certainly draw is the most likely outcome on a flat pitch with rain around.. your right to hang off pominoz for an in-play bet. Im going to wait and see if the draw can blow out a little then I may consider a $10 bet.... will wait and see what happens.

Australia losing 2 wickets in the 1st session is a great start for SL... Marsh and Ponting have looked steady and solid since then.. if these 2 can hang in I can see them lifting the pace perhaps in the 2nd hour of the 2nd session....

This could either be a boring test.. or prove to be intruiging. All relies on the bowlers picking up quick wickets (like any test match, but more so on a flat track).

Andy Marshall
16th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Sri Lanka are currently $6.00. Looks juicy but I'll keep out. My speculative series multi bet has been a disaster (Clarke for most Aus runs, Johnson for most wickets). I'll have to improve for the next series!

pominoz
20th September 2011, 08:42 PM
On Sunday I backed the draw at 1.57 odds, which is looking all but guaranteed at the moment.

With Aus leading by 330 runs and about 21 overs remaining for the day I think the fat lady has sung.