PDA

View Full Version : I got ripped off Bet Fair Australia - Feedback.

mina720au
16th May 2014, 06:08 PM
This morning (Friday 16th of May- 2 am Melbourne time) was showing Soccer game between Manchester City and another Asian team Al Ain from Emirates.
Man City was the favorite team and giving only $1.39 to win- Draw for about $7 and Al Ain is giving around $10.
I bet $150 for Man City:"Man City 1.39 150.00"
I have watched the game and as we expected, Man City won 3-0! So happy to make easy money.
However, I found out that I lost my bet! I have called the phone# 1300 238 324 and the operator told me the system is showing lost of this bet.
I told her that Man City won the game, but she explained I bet on the other team, and this is my fault! I reply her that I bet on Man City and the odd showing on system is $1.39 (Man City 1.39 150.00) which is same odd as showing in betting page. If I have picked the other team, the odd will be $10 not $1.39!!
I have canceled my account from this company... Is there anyway I can get my money back? Is there such an organisation in Australia that controlling these shifty bet companies?
Is that easy, a European company comes to Australia, and start ripping off people this way?? Is the government role just to collect taxes, or helping their people as well?
We should call this company: Scam Fair Australia- not Bet Fair Australia :(

admin
17th May 2014, 10:47 AM
Hi mina720au,

If you have a dispute with a bookmaker or exchange you can take the matter up with the gaming commission in the state that they are registered in.

Betfair is licensed and regulated by the Tasmanian Gaming Commission. Their contact details can be found here:
http://www.treasury.tas.gov.au/domino/dtf/dtf.nsf/v-about/contacts

Best of luck with your dispute.

mina720au
18th May 2014, 12:41 AM
Thanks Admin

AussiePunter
6th March 2016, 06:57 AM
I know this is old, but does this apply to disputes with affiliate programs as well as punters? Or should I take that up with someone else?

admin
6th March 2016, 10:14 AM
Hi AussiePunter, I would take a look at the terms and conditions for the program and look for something along the lines of:

"The laws of the Northern Territory of Australia govern this Agreement. You consent to the jurisdiction of the Northern Territory of Australia courts in the event any action relating to this agreement is to be brought before a court."

My guess is the gambling commission wouldn't get involved, although I can't say that for sure so there's no harm in making an enquiry with them before contacting a lawyer.