PDA

View Full Version : Weekend racing preview with picks - Sept 8th

admin
7th September 2012, 12:42 PM
The following comments are from Neil Evans at Luxbet (http://record.luxbetaffiliates.com.au/_bFDhL1WozjH6lJYWmxbtZGNd7ZgqdRLk/5/).

Super competitive fields and many Spring stars resuming punctuate a great mixture on Super Saturday in Sydney and Melbourne tomorrow.

At Warwick Farm, the weight-for-age stars lock horns in the Group 2 Chelmsford Stakes (1600m), while the three-year-olds clash again in the Group 2 Furious Stakes (1400m), while at Flemington, the Group 2 Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m) welcomes back some of the nation’s best weight-for-age and staying gallopers, while top mare Mosheen resumes in a cracking Group 3 Bobbie Lewis Quality (1200m) down the famous straight!

Here’s a snap-shot of how I see the day:

MAKYBE DIVA STAKES: MY TIP: DECEMBER DRAW: Despite having nearly a year off from injury, he’s reportedly working well and very forward. Unbeaten at the track and the mile is an ideal journey first-up. Should get a soft run in behin d a moderate speed, and has a turn of foot to hold the tough closing staying types at bay!

MY BEST BET: VELROSSO (WARWICK FARM R3): Explosive win from the back when resuming, and won’t get as far back here from a much better draw. This is the perfect trip (1300m) second-up, and despite a hefty weight rise, he’s still not badly treated in a BM80 race!

MY VALUE BET: JADE MARAUDER (WARWICK FARM R6): Had no luck resuming in the G2 Silver Shadow under the same weight. She will naturally get back but appreciate the step up to 1400m and this is a track where you can make one sweeping run from the 600m. She is way over the odds!

MY LAY OF THE DAY: MEIDUNG (WARWICK FARM R6): She was very good resuming in a strong 3YO race, but rises 2kgs here, and I feel others are stronger on the line over 1400m!

BEST BACKED ON LUXBET: RAIN AFFAIR (WARWICK FARM R6): An early be t of $15,000.00 at the opening $2.00 set the scene on this power sprinter returning, and punters have continued taking every call. Huge go into $1.65 and will jump even shorter, and should be able to dictate all the way from in front!

My Feature Race Assesments

WARWICK FARM

R5: CHELMSFORD: I’m keen on Lamasery. He closed nicely resuming in the Warwick Stakes from a long way back, and is obviously screaming for the mile where he’s a two-time winner and boasts a very good second-up record. After her big run resuming, Secret Admirer will jump favourite but is under the odds also going to the 1600m second-up. Lights of Heaven will also improve with the extra trip and should be in the finish from the good draw!

R6: FURIOUS: Strong group of three-year-olds with several chances, but I’m expecting a back-marker to salute, and the talented Jade Marauder is outstanding value. Had no luck resuming in the Sil ver Shadow and will relish the 1400m under the same weight. The other big chance from back in the field is Dear Demi who is also well placed at the trip. I’m prepared to overlook Doubtfilly, and while Meidung was very good in the Silver Shadow and been well supported on Luxbet, she’s a query at the trip!

FLEMINGTON

R6: MAKYBE DIVA: Intriguing mile with so many staying and weight-for-age stars resuming, but I’m leaning to December Draw despite having nearly a year with injury. He’s reportedly very forward, is unbeaten at the track, and the mile is a perfect starting point from a cosy inside draw. Multiple Group 1 winner Manighar and Doomben Cup winner Mawingo both have imposing first-up records and are the two hardest to beat, while favourite Southern Speed has put two together and is hard fit, but faces a steep class rise here and is way under the odds!

NEIL’S FLEMINGTON FAB:

R3: FAWKNER: Love this horse first-up over 1400m with plenty of work under his belt. Raced in good company up to 2000m last prep, and normally comes to hand pretty quickly. Will get back in a big Listed field here, but on the limit weight with plenty of galloping room should get home hard at a big price!

NEIL’S DOOMBEN DASHER:

R8: I’M COOL: Talented sprinter who has won two of his last three. Drawn well and thrown into the race after jockey’s 3kg claim. Should sit right behind the speed and then pounce in the straight!!