PDA

View Full Version : English Championship - Round 2

admin
11th August 2011, 08:24 PM
Week 2 of the English Football Championship kicks off on Saturday night (AEST). Only Blackpool out of the relegated Premier League teams avoided defeat in round 1.

Below are the latest odds (subject to change):

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-11_championship_round_02.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

pominoz
11th August 2011, 08:43 PM
Week 1 was a disaster for me, but I felt somewhat redeemed by the mid-week Carling Cup. Below are the picks I'm contemplating:

Leicester to win
Ipswich to win
Cardiff to win

qtip
12th August 2011, 11:38 AM
Those picks look solid. What do you think of West Ham's chances? Blackpool @ 1.75 is another pick that stands out.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who follows the Championship! Do you follow any of the lower divisions (league 1, etc)?

pominoz
12th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah, Blackpool is a fair option. Honestly, I actually like the idea of three wagers, because I'd need to win 2 / 3 to stay ahead. If I make a fourth I'd need 3 / 4. It makes little logical sense, I know :)

I have occasionally followed one or two teams in lower divisions, usually a team that is tearing it up. I subscribe to the idea that there's better value to be found in the lower divisions, and my betting history supports it.

This year Leicester, Cardiff and West Ham are the main teams on my radar. If another team gets hot or very cold I'll start to follow them more closely too.

qtip
14th August 2011, 10:52 AM
It seems like the championship is as unpredictable as the prem at the moment.

I started following the lower leagues after picking up on the prem teams that got relegated. With the likes of Norwich, Charlton, Leeds and Southampton being relegated to League One I started following that league as well, because so many of these teams dominate the league and bounce back.

Charlton and Sheffield Utd are both two for two thus far, so they are two League One teams worth tracking this season. Preston, Scunthorpe and Sheff Wed are other clubs I'll have one eye on.

Goodsy
14th August 2011, 11:00 AM
I like your thinking lads... dont really pay any attention to the lower divs. Might join in on that action and have a go..

qtip
14th August 2011, 04:46 PM
The lower leagues are definitely worth looking into. The prem is so heavily analysed by everyone that it's hard to find value, especially when Man U, etc are concerned. I've heard there are people who follow the Blue Square Premier League (5th division football) because they say can find the best value there! At least with the championship there are games televised on Foxtel and there's more media interest, which makes research easier.

pominoz
14th August 2011, 07:50 PM
Well, so far so terrible for week 2. Hopefully Cardiff can come through for me...