PDA

View Full Version : English Championship - Round 3

admin
15th August 2011, 03:09 PM
The third round of fixtures in the English football Championship (one division below the Premier League) are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday morning, AEST.

Below are the latest odds (subject to change):

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-15_championship_round_03.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

Goodsy
15th August 2011, 06:27 PM
What grbs your attention here lads..

Cardiff looks alright @$1.98

pominoz
15th August 2011, 06:30 PM
Below are the picks that stand out to me:

Crystal Palace to win
Leicester City to win

and maybe:

Millwall to win

Interesting to see that of the five teams that have picked up maximum points so far, four are playing each other (Cardiff v Brighton and Blackpool v Derby).

pominoz
15th August 2011, 06:34 PM
Cardiff actually does look good. Brighton have picked up six points from two games, but they haven't been against top sides. Cardiff has already claimed the scalp of West Ham (away from home too) and are a real chance for promotion.

qtip
16th August 2011, 11:52 AM
West Ham will be more than a handful for Watford, @ 2.20 this could be a good value bet. Reading @ 2.35 could also be good value.

Combining with the picks from pominoz and Goodsy I get:

Reading @ 2.40
West Ham @ 2.20
Hull (+0.5) @ 1.56
Crystal Palace @ 1.95
Leicester @ 1.48
Cardiff @ 1.98
Milwall @ 1.80

I'm going to venture $1 on each and see what happens.

Goodsy
16th August 2011, 08:12 PM
Will be interesting to see how your venture goes qtip.

I have gone Crystal Palace over lowly Coventry @$2.00

So I now have 3 overnight bets for $5 each placed over Champions League Qual, English Championship and English Div 1

Lyon win $1.62
Crystal Palace $2.00
Sheff Utd $1.65

See how this goes..

pominoz
16th August 2011, 10:01 PM
Good luck qtip and Goodsy.

Coventry have been hit hard with injuries, so hopefully Crystal Palace can deliver. Sheffield Utd is a tough place to visit, and as I've said, Europe is not my forte so I can't comment on Lyon.

Looking at your 7 picks qtip I certainly wouldn't bet against any of those sides. Depending on who wins you'll need four to get up, and I think you're a good chance of doing that.

Andy Marshall
16th August 2011, 10:05 PM
I like the look of Cardiff and Blackpool on Thursday morning. Maybe a midweek multi? Don't know enough about the teams playing tonight to comment.

Goodsy
17th August 2011, 08:48 AM
Come up trumps overnight... 3/3 and a nice little paycheck of $11.25 to my account. Back in the winners circle.

Will have a look at the overnight games for tonight.. unsure at this stage.

qtip
17th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Well done Goodsy. I would be sitting pretty had I backed my instincts for Leagues One and Two.

For the Champ fixtures I'm slightly ahead after Wednesday morning's fixtures, with three to go on Thursday. In hindsight West Ham was my best pick, thumping Watford 4-0. I put a fiver on West Ham to win the league at the start of the season.

I don't know enough about Derby to comment on the Blackpool v Derby game. Both sides are in good form. If you offered Derby a point they'd probably take it.

It's interesting to see that Ipswich got hammered at home. They have historically had a great home record.

This year's Championship is shaping up to be brilliant. Virtually half the league will be fancying their promotion chances.

pominoz
17th August 2011, 08:11 PM
I reckon Cardiff is the best value of the Thursday morning fixtures, altough Brighton will be full of confidence.

Middlesbrough and Southampton are emerging as two more sides to keep an eye on this season.

qtip
18th August 2011, 11:13 AM
All three results wen't against me. With all of their financial resources this year the Leicester result was the most surprisng. It was a bit of an experiment though. I was down $2.85 all up. Bring on round 4!

pominoz
18th August 2011, 09:25 PM
Bad luck qtip, some surprising results to say the least! I was looking at a site where tips are sold today and the highest rated tipsters had tipped:

Crystal Palace to win - WINNING BET
Leicester City to win - LOSING BET

so you were in good company!