PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League Qualifiers - Play-offs, 1st Leg

admin
15th August 2011, 03:23 PM
The first leg fixtures for the UEFA Champions League play-off qualifiers are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday Morning, AEST. The return legs are scheduled for the 23rd and 24th of August (local time).

The ten winners will join the 22 automatic entrants in the UEFA Champions League group stage, the draw for which will be held on the 25th of August.

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-15_champions_league_qualifiers.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

pominoz
15th August 2011, 06:54 PM
I won't be touching this one. I only follow the English leagues. Off the top of my head I can't provide much insight into BATE Borisov v SK Sturm Graz I'm afraid ;)

Goodsy
15th August 2011, 08:29 PM
If anything I would go Lyon @$1.62

qtip
15th August 2011, 09:13 PM
Based on a bit of reading and top of the head stuff:

FCK should beat Plzen. FCK have a good home record in recent European competitions and Plzen are the most inexperienced side in the playoffs.

Benfica also have a good home record, so keep an eye on them for the reverse leg against FC Twente.

Arsenal are a bit out of sorts, so I won't touch that fixture.

Lyon have made every group stage since 2000/01, so you would have to be brave to bet against them.

Apoel are an outside chance for an upset. Perhaps the +0.5 handicap is a good option for them.

Bayern Munich's odds are too low to touch.

the_burninator
16th August 2011, 01:44 PM
Champions League is always tough to beat, form is hard to read into beacuse league form doesnt always transfer accross to cup matches. The matches I like are:

Under2.5 Goals Arsenal v Udinese
FC Copenhagen Win
FC Twente+0.0

Haven't looked at 18th matches yet. Have to look out for Rubin Kazan, as there in the middle of their Russian season so match practice, touch etc. would be sharper than Lyons.

Goodsy
16th August 2011, 08:02 PM
I have stuck with Lyon for $5 @$1.62, Lyon are a strong team in French League and will expect them to win at home on this fixture. Looks like Rubin Kazan are having a decent season in the top 5.

pominoz
16th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Given Arsenal's form the under 2.5 goals looks pretty good, although I'm unfamiliar with Udinese.