PDA

View Full Version : ATP World Tour Finals.

Jekko
4th November 2014, 01:52 AM
What do you guys think? Who will be the outright winner? I can't see past Djokovic. He's been in sublime for in Paris and will only improve next week.

He's got an easy group as well:
Novak Djokovic
Stan Wawrinka
Tomas Berdych
Marin Cilic

The other group is
Roger Federer
Andy Murray
Kei Nishikori
Milos Raonic

blackswan
4th November 2014, 03:29 PM
I attended this event last year and loved it, one of my favourite tennis events after Wimbledon and the Australian Open.

Yeah, I tip Djokovic too, with Murray being a big threat due to local support.

Jekko
5th November 2014, 01:35 AM
I would love a Murray vs Djokovic final. The atmosphere will be brilliant. Hopefully Andy continues with his good form and makes at least the semis. Novak, Roger, Andy are the standout players for me. Wawrinka needs to get some form before the Davis Cup final. He is such a joy to watch when his game is on. Also Nishikori is very fun to watch. However, i don't like Raonic and Berdych. Their game is to robotic. As for Cilic, I'm not decided on him yet.

blackswan
5th November 2014, 01:39 PM
Yeah I like Nishikori. I can't remember the last time there has been a top ranked male Japanese player. I'm not tall myself so it's good to see a (relatively) shorter player do well against all the 6'4", 6'5"+ guys who seem to be the new breed of male tennis players.

A Murray vs Djokovic final would be my hope as well.

Jekko
13th November 2014, 01:40 AM
Terrible tournament so far. We haven't had a three-set match yet. Raonic and Cilic have been horrendous so far. Can these two handle any sorts of pressure? How on earth did Cilic fluke a Grand Slam? I know the surface here is ultra-slow, a joke really, but still you'd expect some competitiveness from the top 10 players.

Hopefully Djokovic and Wawrinka will finally deliver tonight. Stan has been a pleasant surprise so far.

blackswan
13th November 2014, 11:09 AM
Here are some ominous stats regarding Djokovic:
"He has not lost at the O2 Arena since 2011 and is now unbeaten in 29 matches indoors."

Jekko
14th November 2014, 12:25 AM
Yep Indoorovic is untouchable now.

In other news, Raonic has withdrawn citing an injury.

Ferrer wil play Nishikori.

blackswan
14th November 2014, 01:46 PM
Federer is very good indoors too so hopefully he can put up some resistance if he and Djokovic meet in the final.

I backed Federer to beat Murray last night but I wasn't expecting it to be that one-sided. Fingers crossed he can carry that type of form into the final.

Kioul
20th November 2014, 12:45 AM
Turned out to be an underwhelming event. One to forget that's for sure. Highlight of the tournament was Mirka calling Wawrinka a "cry baby". :D I hope Federer's back will be fine for the Davis Cup Final. Any news on his recovery?