PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 22

admin
17th August 2011, 01:39 PM
Below are the latest odds for Round 22 of the AFL (subject to change). When Andy's preview and betting tips become available a link will be posted here.

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-17_afl_round_22.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

admin
18th August 2011, 06:03 PM
To provide some food for thought, below are some tips from the team at IASbet.com (http://record.iasbetaffiliates.com/_SUPLHJFRM3OmKyjKP6IsY2Nd7ZgqdRLk/1/bet/australian-rules/).

Carlton v Hawthorn

It's arguably the match of the year on Friday night when the Blues ($2.20) play the Hawks ($1.68). The winner takes bragging rights as the next best challenger to the Pies and Cats. The Blues will be worried about containing Buddy - do they rush back Jamison or give him another week? It should be a great match, leaning slightly to the Hawks in a close one.

West Coast v Essendon

The Bombers ($3.65) fly across to Perth to play the Eagles ($1.29) on Saturday where the punters are keen on the home team to take the points. The Bombers will be hoping their good recent form can help them secure their finals spot and the line start of +24.5 at $1.92 looks generous.

Sydney v St Kilda

The Swans ($2.30) were outclassed last week and are generally in bad form by their high standards. They play the Saints ($1.63) at ANZ and this is a 'must win' game for them to keep alive their finals hopes. The Saints are in better form and should be too good.

Melbourne v Richmond

Melbourne ($2.05) and Richmond ($1.78) meet at the MCG and on recent form the Tigers deserve to go in favourite. The Dees will be keen to get a win to end their wretched run so this could be a very competitive game.

admin
18th August 2011, 10:23 PM
Andy's preview and betting tips for Round 22 are now up:

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/2011/08/18/afl-round-22-preview-and-betting-tips/

admin
19th August 2011, 01:23 PM
In case you need even more food for thought, below are some tips from the traders at Sportsbet (http://record.sportsbetaffiliates.com.au/_T6yDmweRiXehJjIwNC_yVWNd7ZgqdRLk/1/betting/australian-rules/).

Carlton v Hawthorn

The Hawks head to head is a very safe bet.

Gold Coast v Adelaide

Our traders aren’t overly keen on the match from a betting position.

West Coast v Essendon

This is our traders bet of the week; the Eagles to win and cover the line.

North Melbourne v Fremantle

While our traders aren’t keen on the game they do consider the Dockers over the odds for this contest.

Collingwood v Brisbane

It’s a big line for the Magpies to cover, one that has already moved ten points and there is some rain forecast for Saturday, but they have already shown against the Power and the Kangaroos that doesn’t make any difference. The Magpies to do it again.

Sydney v St Kilda

Our traders are confident the Saints will win here.

Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs

Some punters will back the Bulldogs on the strength of the new coach theory meaning Paul Williams will start with a win, but our traders don’t want to get involved in this game and prefer to watch on.

Melbourne v Richmond

Our traders aren’t convinced that one win for the Tigers is enough for punters to back them with any confidence and despite the Demons representing better value, suggest staying out of the match.

Andy Marshall
19th August 2011, 01:47 PM
In regards to the Sportsbet advice for the Collingwood v Brisbane match, I am nearly 100% confident there won't be rain on the day of the match. Melbourne is about to head into a 6 day patch of beautiful sunny weather.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Django
19th August 2011, 06:48 PM
Hawks -8.5 for me tonight

WildThing
19th August 2011, 06:58 PM
I think your preview is spot on Andy... I'm going to be a bit more conservative and take the Hawks H2H.

Andy Marshall
20th August 2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks WildThing. Yeah, it was a great start to the weekend last night. I think your H2H play was pretty smart. The Blues showed they were more than a match for the Hawks once they got going. And Django, great work mate! It's good to see all of us getting in on the success. I think you owe Bryce Gibbs a share of your winnings though! He missed three very gettable shots late in the match that could have scuppered the line bet.

rotten_luck
20th August 2011, 04:13 PM
ive backed st kilda to win this week

missed the boat with hawthorn but carlton must have given you guys a fright last night!!

Andy Marshall
20th August 2011, 04:50 PM
Haha, yeah, lucky the Blues didn't turn up until after half time. Never really looked like the Blues were going to win. But, if Gibbs kicked his goals they could have done it!

Great final quarter by Adelaide is another success. Although the flip side of that was Kurt Tippett's four last quarter goals to tie for leading goalscorer with my bet of Taylor Walker. Still a $1.75 payout for Walker though.

Now need West Coast to get busy in the second half and cover the line in their match. That would keep the 'cheeky' multi going as well.

Andy Marshall
20th August 2011, 04:52 PM
Forgot to mention in my last post...I like your play on the Saints. I'm with you on that one.

WildThing
20th August 2011, 05:27 PM
Geez Andy, you're on a role! The main aspect of my betting strategy is to vary the stakes based on confidence, but you're tearing it up with $10 bets. You sure know your AFL!

I was happy with the Hawks last night. I too rate St Kilda's chances tomorrow. I might tie it into a multi along with the Magpies to win by 40+ @ $1.10.

Andy Marshall
20th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Magpies should cover the 40+ comfortably. Dry sunny day in Melbourne, so that should help them too. But $1.10 isn't much value! Although, if it means you get the Saints at about $1.80, then probably worth it.

Django
20th August 2011, 07:04 PM
Yes Carlton gave me a scare last night, fortunately Hawks held on and I was saved from a 0-3 run on my first day here haha

I've gone with Brisbane +73.5 and Fremantle +15.5 tonight.

Didn't get time to play today's games, was leaning Crows and Eagles to cover, should have laid my bets last night.

Andy Marshall
20th August 2011, 11:01 PM
WildThing - I hope you didn't end up doing the Magpies line. They were awful tonight.

WildThing
21st August 2011, 10:28 AM
I didn't Andy, I bailed!!! The paltry odds saved me. Had they offered 1.40 I would have jumped right in. Thought 1.10 was not enough reward for the risk. I made a single wager on St Kilda instead.

Didn't see any of the game, but I take it it was a poor Pies performance rather than a brilliant Lions performance.

Andy Marshall
21st August 2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, it was more of a bad performance by the Pies. They had a poor first quarter, but still cruised to an 8 goal lead by three quarter time, and then relaxed in the last quarter. Only 45 tackles from Collingwood. Just off the top of my head, I reckon that's the lowest tackle count from them in years.

I had a shocking day today, which was a shame after such a great start to the weekend. Still could have been a ripper weekend if Melbourne could have held on in the last quarter today. A demon win would have brought home the cheeky multi. Saints were poor as well. They looked set for a straightforward win at half time.