PDA

View Full Version : English Championship - Round 4

admin
18th August 2011, 11:46 AM
The busy schedule continues as the English Championship enters Round 4 this weekend. High-flying Brighton & Hove Albion host Premiership relegated Blackpool, while fellow table toppers Southampton and Derby host Millwall and Doncaster, respectively. Peterborough v Ipswich (Sun, 21st Aug, 4:30 AM AEST) and West Ham v Leeds United (Mon, 22nd Aug, 2:00 PM AEST) will be aired delayed on Fox Sports.

Below are the latest fixture odds (subject to change).

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-18_championship_round_04.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

pominoz
18th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Below are the picks that stand out to me:

Brighton to win
Southampton to win
Derby to win (Derby are 3-0-0, Doncaster are 0-0-3)
West Ham to win

qtip
19th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Derby @ 1.72 definitely leaps off the page.

Southampton and Brighton are playing quality sides this week so I'm a bit more nervous about backing them.

Based on value, my picks are:

Crystal Palace (+0.5) @ 1.92
Derby @ 1.72
West Ham @ 1.67

pominoz
19th August 2011, 08:38 PM
I agree qtip, Derby would be my pick of the round.

West Ham v Leeds should be a good game for the neutral. I'm curious to see how Brighton go against Blackpool, they're like a new team with their new stadium.

Goodsy
20th August 2011, 08:43 AM
Hey Guys... ive placed $5 on Derby @$1.77 thanks for your thoughts on these games.. I see what you mean when there is value in the lower divs.

qtip
20th August 2011, 03:38 PM
Who knows what will happen on the day, but it is hard to be optimistic about Doncaster at the moment. They have only picked up one away win in nine months, and they're missing something like seven players.

To add a few butterflies to the stomach, Derby will assess the fitness of midfielder James Bailey and striker Jamie Ward ahead of the game. Top scorer Steve Davies is playing, though.

Win, draw or lose, it was too hard to walk away from the odds on Derby this week.

Come on Derby!

qtip
21st August 2011, 09:56 AM
Derby 3 - 0 Doncaster

Happy days!

Still can't understand those odds. Not that I'm complaining!

Crystal Palace won, so I'm 2/2 with West Ham still to play.

Goodsy
21st August 2011, 05:21 PM
Im riding your high qtip.. just slapped $5 on West Ham, your a sure.. i mean West Ham are a sure thing at the moment :-)

So I now have 3 overnight $5 bets spread accross EPL, SPL, E.Championship

Man City $1.80
Rangers, Celtic multi $1.92
West Ham $1.68

qtip
21st August 2011, 05:36 PM
Hopefully at least two of those can get up for you.

If West Ham don't come through it will be purely because you suggested that I know what I'm doing!

Goodsy
21st August 2011, 07:09 PM
Haha - now I'm feeling the pressure for a west ham win.

qtip
22nd August 2011, 09:29 AM
West Ham 2-2 Leeds. Adam Clayton scored a last-minute goal to deny West Ham victory :(

I backed Middlesbrough at the last second @ 2.12, so that canceled out my West Ham loss.

I had also backed Celtic, so that was disappointing, but who could have predicted that result?

Goodsy
22nd August 2011, 09:07 PM
How annoying about West Ham..

We must have been thnking thesame for Boro, i did a last minute bet for them to.

Frustrating about Celtic.. what the hecks on with them losing at home like that.

All in all I finished overnight 2/4 and marginally behind.

Having mixed results in new season at the moment. I agree that the Premier League is a little bit tricky at the moment. THe lower leagues the form is a little truer. Still, money to be made with smart punts.