PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Stakes

admin
9th November 2012, 03:31 PM
The following preview is by Neil Evans at Luxbet (http://record.luxbetaffiliates.com.au/_bFDhL1WozjH6lJYWmxbtZGNd7ZgqdRLk/5/):

If punters were looking for an easier feature, stop right there! Tomorrow’s Group 1 Emirates Stakes at Flemington is one of the strongest on record. But with many chances and great depth, comes enormous value.

I’m a massive Fawkner fan, and no horse has been kinder to the dinner plate than this bloke, but as good as he is at Flemington, I’m concerned where he ends up in this company from gate three, especially if they’re playing off the fence by this stage.

In a very tough race, I’m tipping the Darley miler Ambidexter. He will love getting to a truly run race at Flemington, and provided he gets decent cover to the 600m, this type of race is his go!
Many of these gallopers are on the quick back-up from Derby Day, and most have shown a liking for that. Yet barriers and luck in running will be pivotal. Back from the Cox Plate, Happy Trails is a danger, so too Solzhenitsyn who is drawn in close and will get back, b ut is much better suited here than at the Valley in the smaller Crystal Mile field at weight-for-age. And from the good draw, and knowing he should be put into a lovely spot, Fat Al must be included after watching how he trialled.

I can’t find a “hole” for one of my favourite mares Secret Admirer who jumps from a very wide gate and seems like she’s been up forever. And I’m also prepared to leave out Streama, He’s Remarkable, Spirit Song and Free Wheeling!

My Emirates Stakes Selections: 1. AMBIDEXTER; 2. SOLZHENITSYN; 3. HAPPY TRAILS; 4. FAT AL

And I’m not conceding the Group 1 Patinack Farm Classic to the flying mare Sea Siren just yet! While she was very good first-up at the Valley and normally fires second run in, this is her first look at the Flemington Straight Six, and there’s a tonne of depth. I’m going wide and sticking with Bel Sprinter who should get a trail in be hind a good speed and come down the right side of the course. The very talented Mental is the biggest danger second-up, while I’m prepared to knock Buffering again after his Valley flop.

Here’s a snap-shot of how I see Stakes Day at Flemington:

My G1 Emirates Stakes Tip: AMBIDEXTER – Finished off okay in the Crystal Mile at Moonee Valley, but drops in weight and will relish the switch to the bigger Flemington track. Drawn to get a smother midfield, and with clear galloping room from the 600m should be able to get home hard. Over the odds!

My Best Bet: GALAH (Flemington R2) – This is the perfect Spring assignment! Third-up over the mile at Flemington. Drawn to get cover off the fence where you will probably want to be, and looks very well placed in this field.

My Best Value Tip: BEL SPRINTER (Flemington R5) – His effort when he had to change course a co uple of times in the G1 Manikato at the Valley was terrific after Buffering came back in his face. Admittedly, this is a hot sprint, but he’s drawn to finish on the right side of the straight course “crown,” and $21.00 looks a mile over the odds.

My Best LAY: GENERALIFE (Flemington R4) – Talented and progressive colt but he looks way under the odds here drawn out and in Listed company.