PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Australian Open

admin
11th January 2013, 12:39 PM
Bernard Tomic may not be the flavour of the month with the Australian tennis fraternity but plenty of punters are throwing their support behind the 20 year old to win the Australian Open, despite a tough draw and the prospect of a 3rd round clash with Roger Federer.

“Tomic has been extraordinarily well backed with us and he’s now a $34 chance after being as much as $251 when betting commenced last October,” Sportingbet.com.au spokesman Andrew Brown said.

“One punter will collect $80,000 should Tomic win after having $2,000 on him at odds of $41 and we’ve taken a stack of other significant bets on him,” Brown said.

“I’d love to see an Aussie win but Tomic is by far and away our worst result.”

David Ferrer has also attracted support at odds, with one punter set to collect $170,000 should he win after placing $5,000 on him at $34.

“Ferrer has a nice path through to the semi-finals and has shortened right up into $17 after the draw.”

Novak Djokovic remains a solid $1.90 favourite ahead of Andy Murray at $3.50 and Roger Federer at $5.50.

In the women’s draw, Serena Williams is a clear cut $1.80 favourite in front of Victoria Azarenka at $5.00.

“We took a monster bet of $115,000 on Serena at even money to win the tournament ,” Brown said.

2013 Australian Open Men’s Tournament winner
Sportingbet Australia market
Novak Djokovic $1.90 (was $2.25)
Andy Murray $3.50
Roger Federer $5.50
Juan Martin Del Potro $17
David Ferrer $17
Juan Martin Del Potro $17
Bernard Tomic $34
Tomas Berdych $41
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga $41
Others $126 +
Lleyton Hewitt $201

2013 Australian Open Women’s Tournament winner
Sportingbet Australia market
Serena Williams $1.90
Victoria Azarenka $5.00
Maria Sharapova $9.00
Petra Kvitova $21.00
Angelique Kerber $21.00
Agnieszka Radwanksa $26.00
Others $30+

bigfish235
12th January 2013, 06:31 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to get in touch with you as you are clearly a sport fans and someones who remembers the beginning of online betting era.

There have been plenty of advisory services arising over the last months and years and they commonly use unfair and dodgy practices that have not been used in past. Clear example of this trend are Betting Advisors where the so-called tennis experts rotate quite frequently. Having mentioned this, we cannot even talk about something like longterm success in connection with them.

Thus I together with a few friends of mine decided to develop a new free website Tennis-adviser.com (we have got yield over 15% at the moment:) and we would be honored if you find a minute to have a look at it and let us know your thoughts and/or potential areas of improvement. We do try to publish the value betting picks and only use the verified bookmakers for professionals.
Enjoy our website and let me know your thoughts.
Have a good one,

John, owner of
Tennis-adviser.com

admin
16th January 2013, 09:49 AM
Australia’s Bernard Tomic is a clear cut $1.18 favourite with to win his second round Australian Open match against Germany’s Daniel Brands on Thursday.

Brands is a $5.00 outsider, despite upsetting 27th seed Martin Klizan in four sets in their opening round clash.

Should Tomic beat Brands, the prospect of a round 3 match against second seed Roger Federer awaits the Australian.

“Federer will start a firm favourite against Tomic if they do meet,” Sportingbet Australia (http://www.sportingbet.com.au/partners.asp?btag=a_806b_464) CEO Michael Sullivan.

“I’d expect Federer to be around the $1.17 mark with Tomic at $5,” Sullivan said.

Tomic was heavily supported into $1.05 to win his Round 1 match against Leonardo Mayer, with one punter successfully placing a $37,000 bet on the Australian.

Slinky335
10th January 2014, 11:38 AM
Cmon Hewott continue your good form and go far in the 2014 Aus Open!

Slinky335
22nd January 2014, 09:15 AM
Bouchard to win the womens and Nadal to win the mens

Slinky335
23rd January 2014, 08:46 AM
It is soooo good to see some new fresh faces in womens tennis. I really hope its Bouchard v Radwanska in the final. A new star will be born and it will be a great match! Personally I hope the young Canadian gets the crown - go Genie. She is paying $4.40 to win today.

Slinky335
24th January 2014, 08:57 AM
Federer for me to win tonight. Nadal has not been playing that well at all. Federer to win the final as well.

Slinky335
25th January 2014, 07:28 AM
Looks like Nadal all the way now, he sure knows how to peak at the right time in these big tournaments.

Slinky335
26th January 2014, 09:01 AM
Nadal to win tonight.