PDA

View Full Version : Merging Workbooks?

Kritz23
22nd January 2013, 05:29 PM
Hey, absolutely great spreadsheet tracker!

I have 5 separate workbooks that keep track of 5 separate handicappers. (I know I can add multiple handicappers to the spreadsheet, but don't really want to) Well, rather than open 5 separate excel files, I was wondering if they could be merged into one workbook with their own performance summary/closing odds/line worksheets? When I merge them, the 1st handicapper has the correct performance summary/closing odds/lines, but the other 4 handicappers where I log their bets all have $VALUE in the cells on their performance summary/closing odds/lines worksheets? Any idea of an easy fix? Thanks

admin
23rd January 2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Kritz23,

I'm pleased you like the spreadsheet!

I think it would be a fair bit of work to create multiple performance summary and closing odds/lines sheets. The formulas in each one would have to be manually changed to accommodate a specific handicapper.

Note that you can filter the performance summary sheet for a particular handicapper using the drop down menu in the top left. This filter also applies to the closing odds/line analysis sheets.

If you do wish to maintain separate performance summary worksheets for each handicapper then I recommend you continue using separate spreadsheets due to the amount of work required.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kritz23
24th January 2013, 03:02 PM
Ok, thanks. I kinda figured if there was a fix, it would have either been an incredibly quick fix or an incredibly long fix which isn't worth it.

Not a question, but a suggestion...perhaps adding to the performance summary page or creating a customizable worksheet that would allow the user to see how they do with a particular line/odd or lines/odds (for example, NBA bets from +7 to +10 or NHL -130 to -150 odds).