PDA

View Full Version : English Championship - Round 5

admin
25th August 2011, 02:51 PM
The English Championship enters Round 5 this weekend. After four rounds, Southampton and Derby have maintained their perfect start to the season, picking four wins from four. Derby have a great opportunity to make it five for five when they host Burnley, while Southampton have a tricky away fixture against the high spending Leicester City. At the other end of the table, Doncaster are under heavy pressure to get on the board after falling to defeat in every league fixture this season. In terms of fan bases, two of the biggest clubs in the league face off on Sunday when Nottingham Forest host West Ham United. That fixture will be aired live on Fox Sports at 10 PM AEST.

Below are the latest fixture odds (subject to change).

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/images/2011-08-25_championship_round_05.png (http://affiliates.luxbet.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_163b_43)

qtip
26th August 2011, 06:57 PM
Derby @ 2.25 is good value. Burnley have only picked up 2 points this season so anything over 2.00 is worth jumping on.

Southampton @ 3.00 is another pick of mine for this round. It's a big ask for them to win, but 3.00 is good value. The only thing I haven't decided is whether to back them h2h or +0.5

qtip
26th August 2011, 07:07 PM
I can't be bothered to create a thread for the Scottish Prem so I may as well include it here....

I won't touch Celtic until they can get themselves sorted out again. 1.37 h2h odds away from home doesn't appeal to me.

I'd expect Rangers to pick up the points but 1.25 is awful value. Perhaps I'll jump in at half time or something.

Goodsy
26th August 2011, 07:27 PM
haha - fair enuff.. ive actually got both Celtic and Rangers as part of my big mutli this week.. i would place it on now but cant be bothered at the moment... got a lot of big name clubs across Europe that SHOULD win..

qtip
27th August 2011, 01:13 PM
Good luck with the multi Goodsy. Rangers and Celtic actually make good multi options, but I won't be using them for single bets this weekend.

pominoz
27th August 2011, 05:38 PM
My picks this week are:

Crystal Palace +0.5
Derby <-- arguably the pick of the round
Middlesbrough
Southampton

qtip
28th August 2011, 10:02 AM
Looks like Brighton at home are looking ominous. Looking forward to Forrest v West Ham tonight.

Southampton were always a big ask, but I'm disappointed by Derby.