PDA

View Full Version : UFC 134: Rio

Goodsy
27th August 2011, 09:06 PM
So anyone watching the event tomorrow ? The UFC returns to Brazil after more than 10 years.. big fight card named, should be a few good fights.

Ive got $5 on Shogun to defeat Forrest @$1.55

Anderson Silva will be a sure thing again but odds too small @$1.16

Big Nog would be interesting over an up and coming Schaub @$3.05, though too much risk in it for me.

Will be watching the event live in my lounge tomorrow... looking forward to this one.

Django
28th August 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm on Shogun inside the distance at $2 as a single and multi'd with Anderson inside the distance at $3

Took a shot on Big Nog at $3.05

Paulo Thiago by tko/ko @ $7.80
Damn he wins a decision - worth a shot at those odds. Should have been able to finish Mitchell.

Got these in a multi with some AFL/NRL games.
Rafael Assuncao @ 1.56
Paulo Thiago @ 1.20
Silva vs Okami - No @ 1.50 - Will the fight go the distance?
Thiago Tavares @ 1.45
Luis Cane @ 1.45
Edson Barbosa @ 1.31
Mauricio Rua @ 1.40

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 10:18 AM
How about the crowd for the Paulo Thiago fight.. they are going nuts. Cant wait until the big 3 Brazilians are on, going to be huge.

Just finished watching prelims on facebook.... trying to watch the next 2 but cant find it anywhere to watch..... annoying cause there is a couple of good fights. Will have to wait until 11am by the looks.

Goodluck with your mulit.... will be a good payout if you can pull it off...

Silva v Okami wont go the distance... Silva will want to put on a show for his home fans. I can see another knock out.

I am still tempted to put some money on Big Nog.... but man Schaub is proving to be a nasty guy with big ko power. Watched the weigh-ins yesterday and man Big Nog looks ripped as I have seen him the last few years..

Pumped !!

Django
28th August 2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah the crowd is nuts, one of the better ones like the Aussie crowd. The stand-ups are a bit premature, though.

Loss on Tavares on points, was gonna take Palhares on points but laid off that one. /facepalm

Agreed, Okami is a real threat. Anderson will look to finish, no stuffing around.
Shogun I'm a little worried about coming off injury and Forrest is wily.

Going on recent trend of the old guard I expect Nog to lose, but maybe that's pessimism, if he's truly fit he should out work Schaub.

Cheers, multi has a good shot, rest of it is.
Brisbane Broncos @ 1.48
St George Illawarra Dragons @ 1.47
Melbourne @ 1.50 (-31.5) - Pick Your Own Line
Adelaide @ 1.52 (-7.5) - Pick Your Own Line
Essendon -39.5 @ 1.17
Just a dollar at $62.84

Have same picks without the footy games, including Nog, Palhares and Anderson SU in another multi. Just a 50 cent one on bet365 to return around $18

Best of luck with your bets too!

Django
28th August 2011, 11:20 AM
Cane you scrub!!!!!!!!!!

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 11:26 AM
Cane you scrub!!!!!!!!!!

What a turnaround.. Cane was dominating that fight. He looked so much better then Nedkov (whatever his name was).. you got unlucky on that one.

I just placed $5 on Silva win inside the distance @$1.50..

Crap Big Nog v Schaub is on now !! What happened to Pearson v Barboza ?? Big ight this one... BIG BIG fight.... Schaub is a scary dude... Nog has the experience and the great fights.. I wouldnt want to be fighting Schaub at the moment... Nog needs totake this to the ground for his BJJ.

Django
28th August 2011, 11:37 AM
Oh man, this makes up for Fedor's fall.

Is there any better feeling in MMA?

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 11:37 AM
WOOOOWWWWWWW !!!!! NOG !!! Huge win !! What a ko !! Thats a big win !!

Nog took some big shots in that one to.. he had a solid chin. THen just layed the power on... wow !! Im still stunned... spewin I didnt put the bet on...

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah for sure man... great to see Pride still lives on... its good to have the legends around... big win that, big win.

Django
28th August 2011, 11:46 AM
Wish I'd chanced a lot more. Up a bit and made up for the Tavares prop loss and dead multi's at least!

Likely to get a finish on every fight on the maincard for once.

Put another multi with Barboza, Anderson & Shogun SU with Crows -6.5/Demons -31.5 at $4.87

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Good fight so far Barboza v Pearson.. high level striking and combos... I got it at 1-1 heading into the 3rd and final round.. hope u get up. Very tight fight.

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:11 PM
Good fight.. for me Barboza takes it via decision here. How about the left shot that cut pearsons right eye. YOu could see the shots land and then the face split with blood instantyly coming out...

phwoar close.. split decision. your new multi lives on, that was your toughest pick for me.

Django
28th August 2011, 12:16 PM
How in the hell was that split?

Shoulda been 30-27 unan.

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:21 PM
I had the first round to Pearson, for me he was the aggressor and did just enough to take that first round, but then Barboza won the next 2 rounds. But really I thought all 3 judges should have had the fight as a unan decision to Barboza.. never mind thats Danas worry now about the judging.

Now time for co-main event. Rematch time.. Shogun will be ready for Forrest this time around. Look at Shogun when he beat Machida via ko in the rematch, he wil be mentally ready. Just hope the injury layoff hasnt hurt too much his prep.

I love Forrest and would love to see him win... but damnit i got money on the line here... cmon Shogun !!!

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:30 PM
Bang good night Forrest.. Shogun with a comfortable and convincing win there. Nice finish...

Django
28th August 2011, 12:31 PM
Count those chickens brotha!

Noticed I've got this multi riding on sportingbet too @ $791.38

1: (Straight) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira @ 3.05
1: (Straight) Rua Wins Inside The Distance @ 2.00
1: (1-39) Adelaide @ 2.25
1: (Straight) Silva Wins Inside The Distance @ 1.50
1: (1-12) St George @ 3.10
1: (Line (2.0)) Melbourne ( -46.5) @ 2.00
1: (1-12) Brisbane @ 3.10
1: (Line (2.0)) Essendon ( -73.5) @ 2.00

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:34 PM
hahahaha - im a counting.... haha

time for the main event.. money on the line again... looking for another Silva ko.. i sorta feel sorry for Okami... something tells me this will be a devastatinmg ko... Silva wants to right the wrong from 4 years ago..

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:42 PM
Count those chickens brotha!

Noticed I've got this multi riding on sportingbet too @ $791.38

1: (Straight) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira @ 3.05
1: (Straight) Rua Wins Inside The Distance @ 2.00
1: (1-39) Adelaide @ 2.25
1: (Straight) Silva Wins Inside The Distance @ 1.50
1: (1-12) St George @ 3.10
1: (Line (2.0)) Melbourne ( -46.5) @ 2.00
1: (1-12) Brisbane @ 3.10
1: (Line (2.0)) Essendon ( -73.5) @ 2.00

W O W

Thats all I can say.. good luck to ya man... be your shout for a corporate box to the Grand Final...

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:44 PM
If I could.. I would bet a 1st round ko to Silva... he will bring the hurt. Just look at him.. he is focused... his home crowd, right the wrong.. continue his legacy... it all adds to a 1st round ko..

Goodsy
28th August 2011, 12:59 PM
OMG he just destroyed Okami..... Silva is on another level.... man he is the greatest ! When he decides to turn it on after the playing cat and mouse its game over.. there is no equal to Anderson Silva. The greatest fighter in MMA.

Plus another paycheck :-)

Django
28th August 2011, 04:05 PM
Decent day on fights, Crows f'd that parlay though :(