Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair
    Banned

Farmers Insurance Open

There is a very interesting three ball on North today, featuring three of the biggest young talents in golf in Brooks Koepka, Hideki Matsuyama and Jordan Spieth, we discussed two of them last week at the Phoenix Open, Koepka won, Matsuyama should have won. Spieth finished like a train after a slow start. Koepka should be suited by the South course, but we are playing the North today, he is making his debut appearance at Torrey Pines, so it will be a learning curve this week and he has had to deal with the media circus following his first win on US soil and being the latest to carry the mantle of the "next big thing", so it will be tough for him today. Matsuyama as discussed last week has almost limitless potential, but it is hard to compete two weeks running, he surely feels he let a good chance slip on Sunday and he underperformed at the Sony, after going close the week before at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and might not be as fine tuned today. This is a terrific trio and all are going to have huge careers and bank a LOT of money, but Spieth looks the complete package and is likely to go to the top of the game. I am not sure that this is the best tournament for him, he implied a dislike for poa annua greens earlier in his career, but did say that was down to a lack of experience of playing on them.

However, he led here after two rounds last year and went ultra low on the North course, shooting nine birdies in a 63 which no one else even came close to over the two days. He "only" bidied two of the four Par 5's so could arguably have gone even lower and it was a magical display and was NINE strokes lower than Matsuyama shot on the same day. Now we can bet Jordan Spieth @ 1.97 with Pinnacle to beat Matsuyama over the same 18 holes today, win lose or draw and we get money back with the tie (!) how can that be possible ? I will suggest 1.25 units, it would have been much higher if more freely available, my own odds would be sub 1.75, but I do not personally bet below 1.90, but that information is there, if you do not have a problem doing so. All companies price up the three ball, which, of course, includes Koepka, odds for Spieth are an OK 2.40- 2.50, so that is an alternative, but I prefer the former.

There is something which has been "worrying" me for the last 24 hours and like an itch, it is probably better to just scratch it and be done with it. Keegan Bradley has gone off the boil a bit, but caught the eye with an opening round 65 in Phoenix last week. He is a very good early round player and has improved in those stats year on year #43 in scoring average before the cut in 2011, #30 in 2012, #12 in 2013 and ranked #4 on Tour for Round 1 scoring last year. Given that and his 65 just 7 days ago and with a decent enough record here and starting on the North today he could go really well. Plenty of bookmakers are quoting the first round leader on North course today link, Keegan Bradley is circa 25-1 (26.0) and we could try something small (0.5 units) an alternative is to bet him to win the tournament outright on Betfair at circa 50.0 and look to trade out if he goes low today. I don't know why exactly, but I am being drawn to Bradley today like a moth to a flame !

source: http://www.clubgowi.com