Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Euro 2012 Qualifiers

Domestic European football takes a break this weekend with Euro 2012 Qualifiers taking place on Friday and Saturday.

The Euro Qualifiers have been underway for some time. You can view the current table standings here:
    http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/standings/index.html

Germany (7 wins from 7), the Netherlands (6 wins from 6) and Spain (5 wins from 5) are the in-form teams of the qualifiers so far.

Below are the latest odds (subject to change):

These fixtures are crying out for a multi

The 1.01 odds for the Netherlands against San Marino don't surpise me now that I've looked up the table. San Marino have played seven, lost seven, with 0 goals for and 33 goals against! The Netherlands won the reverse leg 5-0, so things could get ugly in that one.

I agree pominoz.. Ive gone the following multi:

Russia v FYR Macedonia
    Azerbaijan v Belgium
    Malta v Croatia
    Bulgaria v England - I am concerned about this game the most..
    Cyprus v Portugal
    Germany v Austria

Ive got $10 @$3.98

That line up looks pretty good to me Goodsy.

Russia v FYR Macedonia --> Russia will be strong at home, and I don't think Macedonia will have high expectations for that fixture
    Azerbaijan v Belgium --> I don't know much about either team to be honest. Azerbaijan's F/A record suggests we should expect a 1-3 scoreline.
    Malta v Croatia --> On paper this should be straight forward for Croatia
    Bulgaria v England --> I don't know much about Bulgaria. Rooney is in good goal scoring form and Ashley Young was brilliant against Arsenal** so Bulgaria will have their hands full.
    Cyprus v Portugal --> The two sides played out a 4-4 draw this time last year, but I'd still expect Ronaldo & co to get the job done.
    Germany v Austria --> The Germans have been in strong, consistent form for the past three or so years. My understanding is that a win would cement qualification, so they should be really motivated. I know they're missing a few players, but it's hard to look past another Germany win.

You did well to exclude France. While they should win, 1.33 for that stroppy lot is not worth it.

** did anyone else watch that game? To borrow from one of the jokes going round: I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan! (shocking, I know)