Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair
    Banned

PGA Tour: Northern Trust Open

Retief Goosen leads by two, he is an old favourite of mine, a 43 time winner world wide, 7 on the PGA Tour, including two US Open's, but none at all for almost six years and there was a four year winless period prior to that and his best year's were a decade and more ago and that is a long time in the wilderness. He has suffered terribly with back problems which have not helped, but in golfing terms, he is almost like a non winner right now, I would really love to see him take this title, but I doubt he slept as well last night as usual and he will be under huge pressure today, perhaps mainly from himself. His best recent chances to win were at the 2009 Canadian Open and 2012 Volvo Golf Champions and he lost both in a playoff and that will not help him mentally if, as it seems sure to do, this gets close. I have to look elsewhere.

14 golfers are within four strokes of the lead and I would describe 8of the other 13 as proven winners and top class golfers. I feel Dustin J, Bubba and Jordan Spieth all have good chances and Watson would be very good for us as outlined yesterday, even Jim Furyk who we have discussed very recently as seemingly incapable of getting the job done, could win from off the pace, as he is not under the same spotlight and pressure as when leading and in the final pairing or three ball to tee off.

The player I like however, is Sergio Garcia, he is wildly talented and should have won far more titles and majors at that, to his name, if you had said a decade ago when he was 25yo and already had six US Tour wins to his name, that he would only win twice more, you would have been carted away to the local asylum. He has struggled to get the job done , especially when leading, but from off the pace on Sunday, I have won with him twice at nice odds and he is capable of going very low and posting a score for the leaders to try and beat. This is the situation where he feels most comfortable and six of his eight wins have seen him shoot sub 68 on Sunday and four of the last six have come via playoffs, he doesn't have a winning record in those, but if he gets that close, we will be in a great position and we can worry about that later !

1.25 unit Sergio Garcia to win outright 9.0-10.0 general quote.

source: http://www.clubgowi.com