Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Italian Grand Prix

It is the last European race of the 2011 calendar as the Formula One world descends on Monza for the Italian Grand Prix. Much to the delight of the Italian crowd, Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso took pole and went on to win the race last year, but all eyes will be on Sebastian Vettel. He currently sits top of the championship ladder with 259 points. Webber is a distant second at 167, 92 points behind his teammate. With seven races to go Vettel threatens to tie up the world championship with races to spare unless his rivals can turn things around. As it stands, Vettel is currently the 1.03 favourite to become a two-time world champion.

Below are the latest race and qualification winner odds (subject to change).

I'm going to follow my usual routine and hold off on qualification betting until after the three practice sessions. I will then bet on the race after qualifying. If I don't like the race odds before the race I'll wait and then bet live.

For anyone else who bets live, keep a close eye on qualifying session 1. In dry conditions you can get the likes of Schumacher, Massa & Rosberg winning the first session because the main contenders will use the hard/medium compound tyres during the session to save themselves a set of clean (or at least cleaner) soft tyres for the race. The drivers who fear missing out on qualifying 2 will use the soft compound later in the session if necessary. The soft compound can be upwards of two seconds a lap quicker than the hard/medium compound, depending on the track conditions. I always track session 1 with the practice 3 times at hand to see which drivers on the soft tyres could/should be faster than the main drivers who will likely only use the hard/medium compound. In previous races this year I've seen drivers with 50+ odds top session 1. Obviously, this doesn't always hold, but it is worth keeping an eye on.

For sessions 2 and 3 you rarely get anyone outside of the Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari teams topping the timesheets (unless the weather conditions change during the session).

For qualifying betting I also recommend using formula1.com live timing, as you can see all the sector times and can preempt who's on a flyer.

Banned
    For sessions 2 and 3 you rarely get anyone outside of the Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari teams topping .Very True ...