Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

NRL Finals Week 1

The NRL finals kick off this weekend when the Tigers host the Dragons. The Dragons have managed to get back to winning ways at the best possible time, and despite their wobbles during the second half of the season, they start the finals as joint second favourites for the Premiership.

Links to Mike's previews and tips will be posted here as they become available.

Below are latest the fixture and Premiership winner odds (subject to change).

Is it wrong to like all the favs?

By my reckoning the multi odds for the four favourites to get up is 5.09... tempted?

I think the biggest threat to the multi getting up are the Tigers. I'm always afraid to bet against Benji, regardless of the opposition.

Below are come comments from the team at IASbet.

Finals footy commences with a number of teams with genuine claims of winning the title. The in-form Tigers ($2.12) lock horns with the Dragons ($1.72) who have returned to some of their best form. This is a tough one for punters as the Tigers have won 8 straight with Benji Marshall in scintillating form, while there's a feeling the Dragons best football is still superior to anyone else. Tri bet punters should consider the Dragons over 6.5 points ($2.45).

The Broncos ($1.72) v Warriors ($2.12) is another evenly poised game. Only last month at Suncorp these two played out a thriller with the Broncos winning by the barest of margins. The Warriors will have learned plenty from that encounter, and this should be another tight finish, but with a sold out stadium cheering for Lockyer and his mates, Broncos should do enough.

The Sea Eagles ($1.40) will prove too good for the Cowboys ($2.95) and will be looking to gain plenty of confidence as they progress towards the big one. The Storm ($1.30) welcome back their guns in Dally M winner Slater and skipper Cam Smith. At home, they'll be too much for the Knights ($3.50).

Mike's preview and tips are up for the Friday night Tigers vs Dragons fixture.

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/2011...view-and-tips/

my multi got up last week so here is the gold hehe
    tigers vs dragons- i woldnt touch this game with pominoz;s money, just sit back and enjoy
    broncos vs NZ - will be a close game so take the broncos H2H
    manly vs cowboys- this is my special of the week, thurston is due for a massive game and if they dont win they will get the line!!!!
    storm vs knights - melbourne will give it too the knights i cant find a big enough line, they will win by 30+

broncos H2H
    Cowboys +7
    storm -10.5

If recall correctly Storm have a pretty strong trend of bouncing back big after a loss, a -29.5 pyol might be worth a small punt.

Ive decided to lay off tonights game. If was going to do a bet I would put my money on Dragons.. but I want to cheer on Benji and Tigers tonight..so conflict of interest doesnt work well.

Looking forward to game one of finals... this promises to be a cracker of a series with atleast the top 6 a serious threat to win in it all.

Mike's preview is up for the Sunday Storm vs Knights fixture.