Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Banned

Golf - WGC Cadillac Match Play

Group 7

Jason Day/ Zach Johnson/ Branden Grace/ Charley Hoffman

I really like Jason Day as a golfer and he is the defending champion in this event and an experienced match play golfer, but this is a different course and whilst he has already won in 2015, he has let a couple of winning chances go, including at the Zurich Classic last week, where he had to play close to 36 holes on Sunday and then make the long trip to California, with little time to prepare, His previous outing was the Masters where he , by his own high standards, underperformed, this is a man utterly obsessed with winning a major and that and then coming up short last week , combined with the quick turnaround is not ideal and win or lose, his odds to win this section are too short IMO.

Oh I forgot, the tournament is now later in the season and whilst last year, it would have been all about this event, his build up this year would have been solely Augusta focused.

Regular readers will know that I like Zach Johnson, he is a clubgowi favourite and served us extremely well in the past, he is a very good match play golfer, although we have rarely seen it previously in this event, he was 3rd a good few years back, but the Dove Mountain venue did not suit him at all. This relatively short course should favour accuracy a little more and looks right up his street. He is unbeaten in three Ryder Cup singles, posting two wins and is as hard to shake off as a Jack Russell terrier with his teeth into your trouser legs ! He played really well over the weekend at the Masters , before missing the cut the following week, which was probably a blessing in disguise and has given him 12 days to prepare solely for this. He has only missed five cuts in the last 12 months and next time out has finished top 10 in three of the previous four, shooting very low on the first day in each. Good chance for him to win this section and the 2.10-4.50 discrepancy between his odds and Day's is far too big for me.

Zach Johnson to win Group 7 @ 4.0-4.50 general quote.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned

Talking

I really like Jason Day as a golfer and he is the defending champion in this event and an experienced match play golfer