Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair
    Banned

WTA Final: Birmingham: Angelique Kerber- Karolina Pliskova

WTA Final: Birmingham: Angelique Kerber- Karolina Pliskova

At the risk of being accused of "chasing" my losses from yesterday on Kerber, I have to oppose her again today. She won comfortably over Sabine Lisicki on Saturday, but I think that Karolina Pliskova, who is a real sleeper for Wimbledon with her huge serve, has a much better than 44% chance of winning today and she has to be a narrow favourite in my book. Pliskova is 1.86m and leads the ace count on Tour, she is well clear of Serena Williams who has long been considered to have the best serve in the game and that is still the case, as Williams the younger has played far fewer matches, but Pliskova has served up pretty much double the number of any other player on the circuit and it is becoming more of a weapon week by week. She last looked imperious this week and won her last three matches in straight sets, with a double break in five of those six sets and allowed in form Kristina Mladenovic just a single break point yesterday.

These two have met four times previously, never on grass, they stand at 2-2, looking at game handicaps, Pliskova lost the first by 8, the second by 3, won the third by 3 and the last, which came in the Sydney semi final this year, by +7. So, better each time and a very commanding performance in the last, where Kerber did not have a BP. That is hugely impressive, but the penultimate win caught my eye, Pliskova won comfortably enough, but did not serve particularly well, with just 26% of points won on her second delivery, if she can win without her massive serve firing on all cylinders, it is hard to make a case for the German when it is, or even close.

Karolina Pliskova to beat Angelique Kerber 2.25+ general quote.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

http://www.clubgowi.com