Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Banned

GOLF US PGA Championship

US PGA Championship:

Bubba Watson is incredibly well suited by the course and arrives in great form. Bubba had a bit of a blip through Spring, is $1.2 m clear of the golfer in third and it has taken someone who is today the best player on the planet, to be at the top of his game for six months to beat him, so I have to be pleased with the bet and analysis on Watson and all we/I can do is put us in good positions, the rest is outside of our control. Watson has finished 1-13-2-2 in his last four starts on US soil and on Sunday, as I discussed at the time, equalled or bettered his position when starting Round 4 inside the top 5 for the 17th ( !) time running and this is a man you want on your side in contention, or the battle trenches of the back nine on Sunday.

Whistling Straits is a long Par 72, with a huge number (1,000 +) of bunkers, it last hosted the PGA Championship in 2010, Martin Kaymer won in a playoff from Bubba, with the German holing from 5m on the 18th to force extra holes. Rory McIlroy was tied 3rd, Dustin Johnson was T5th and you can see that the cream rose to the top and big hitters were favoured. Watson was regularly driving over 320m and is at a big advantage on the Par 5's which he played in -9 in 2010, yet still felt he could have taken more from them and he probably will this week. Bubba was Tour leader for "birdies or better" on par 5's in both 2010 (when he was runner up here) and 2011 and is leading again for the first time since and with much better stats this time round (birdie or eagle at 58.55% ), which are numbers no one has come even close to in a dozen years and even then, only a young Tiger Woods at the absolute peak of his powers !

Bubba Watson to win outright 15.0 general quote/ there is a LOT of liquidity at circa 14.5 on Betfair if you cannot find the 15.0.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

Prior to the tournament I made three wagers with the same stake size for the US PGA Championship.

Spieth to win at 7.5
    Head to head - Spieth to beat Spieth v McIlroy at 1.6
    Head to head - Mickelson to beat Woods at 1.57

Interesting to see Dustin Johnson (-6) at the top of the standings after day 1. He led the British Open after day 1 and day 2 earlier in the year but fell away to finish 49th. I wouldn't be surprised if he does win a major at some stage. He's had nine top 10 finishes.

I reckon Jason Day (-3) is a real chance of winning. You can get 7.0 odds on him after day one.