Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Stragies to control gambling

Is this topic allowed on this forum

I have just banned myself from online gambling so I have to go to the tab to place a bet

Hi Andy50,

Yes! This topic is more than welcome. We actually published an article on BetStop - The National Self-Exclusion Register recently:
    https://www.aussportsbetting.com/202...sion-register/

My number one rule for gambling is to borrow the expression from microeconomics and "think at the margin."

If I deposit $100 and soon find myself down to $65, I don't try to win back my money to return to $100. I instead bet to try to end up with more than $65.

If I deposit $100 and soon find myself up to $120, I don't treat the $20 profit as free money to bet with wildly. I instead bet to try and end up with more than $120.

Whatever your account balance is, pretend that it was your deposit amount.

If you find yourself consistently losing, take a break to reassess your strategy. Suppose you deposited $100, have bet through that amount and are down to $65. If you don't feel that you have an edge on the bookmaker, simply withdraw the $65. Don't treat it as lost money and bet wildly until your account balance is zero.

What I do is I plan What day I want to gamble on and If I win that;s good If not Then fck it. I haven't gambled from the past 2 months and planning to gamble on my bday which is in march. This has worked so far for me.