Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

New Rows added but not being calculated in Performance Summary

Hi,

I've added new rows because we hit the 10,000 entries, but the new rows aren't being calculated in the Performance Summary. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Hi skyalpha, have you used the instructions in the Intro sheet?

Scroll to the right until you can see the working cells. Make sure their formulas are populated by dragging down and copying over them using cells from a row that is working properly. Do the same for the cells with purple headers (At Risk, Potential Payout, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi skyalpha, have you used the instructions in the Intro sheet?

Scroll to the right until you can see the working cells. Make sure their formulas are populated by dragging down and copying over them using cells from a row that is working properly. Do the same for the cells with purple headers (At Risk, Potential Payout, etc.).
    Hi,

Yes I followed the instructions in the Intro Sheet.

Which ones are the 'working cells'?

Everything seems to be working and calculating correctly in the Bets Tab. All the Purple cells are calculating correctly. The cells to the far right (columns BH to BP) that are used for the Performance Graph are calculating correctly. The cells next to that 'grey' Working odds, potential payout, etc are all calculating correctly.

BUT the Performance Summary Tab is not calculating anything from the newly inserted Sheet Rows.

Administrator
    Hi skyalpha,

By working cells I'm referring to BH-BP.

When you created the new cells did you insert them in-between existing rows? If you've added them below the lowest row the case may be that they are being ignored by the Performance Summary because they fall outside the region used for the Performance Summary calculations.

In the top left hand side of the screen there is a dropdown menu in the Excel menu that shows the current cell that has been selected. Click on the dropdown menu and select "AGENCY" from the list. Excel will then highlight the range used to define AGENCY, which is the bookmakers column in the Bets worksheet. Scroll down to the very bottom. Does the range include your new rows?

If it doesn't then then this would explain why your new cells are being ignored.

If it does include them, feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send your spreadsheet to.

Let me know if you have further questions.

That's brilliant... I got it working. I screwed up by not inserting the new rows between current ones properly. All fixed and another 10,000 rows added. Thank you SO MUCH )

Hi,
    I have updated the ranges as outlined above, however now all I get on my Performance summary page is VALUE#### in all the boxes. Do I need to update something else for the performance summary page to acknowledge the new ranges? Or have I just done this wrong? I am using the google sheets version, if this makes a difference.
    Thanks in advance
    P.S. Love the spreadsheet, long time user!

Hi NickTaylor98,

There shouldn't be anything else required to get the performance summary page to acknowledge the expanded range. I recommend you look at the cell ranges (Data -> Named Ranges) to make sure the cell ranges include the new cells. I also recommend you scroll to the right in the Bets worksheet until you find the columns BF-BK. Make sure the background calculations are working there.

If you can't fix the issue, try creating a new copy of the sheet, expand the number of rows, and then paste your betting data from the first copy over.