Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Drop Down Menu Error

Thanks for spreadsheet ASB. Recently encountered a problem where I opened up the sheet and a notification says "We found a problem with some content in 'Betting Tracker Spreadsheet'. Do you want us to try and recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click 'Yes'". After excel tries to recover the file another popup says "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. Removed Feature: Data validation from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part" and then the drop down menus are no longer available. Any thoughts?

Hi danksies,

One option is to paste your data into a fresh copy of the spreadsheet and see if that fixes the issue.

If you want to stick with that sheet then you would have to manually enter all fields rather than select from drop down menus. It's not the end of the world but it would increase the chance of data entry mistakes due to misspellings.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi danksies,

One option is to paste your data into a fresh copy of the spreadsheet and see if that fixes the issue.

If you want to stick with that sheet then you would have to manually enter all fields rather than select from drop down menus. It's not the end of the world but it would increase the chance of data entry mistakes due to misspellings.

Let me know if you have further questions.
    Hi mate, I want to ask that sheet will be updated in terms of year ?? There is only 2019 and 2020, I think it is better that we can change it. If it's possible I appretiate for that

Hi stomarti, the years that show up in the drop down menus for the spreadsheet are based on the dates that you enter in the bets worksheet. It automatically updates as new dates are added. Once you enter your first bet that was placed in 2021, then 2021 will be available in the list.