Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

multiple currencies when?

Hi there. New user. Love your work.

I think I saw a comment from you saying that the option to select multiple currencies would be something that you would consider making down the line.
    When do you think this will be realistically, and will it be available for Google Sheets?

I am starting using your Google Sheet now and am contemplating using two sheets - one for EURO and one for USD.
    My plan then is to merge the data once you make multiple currencies available.
    But if this is something that is maybe years in the future then I am not sure I want to continue using two sheets for that long.

It would also be fantastic if you could add BTC as currency to your sheet.

Hi nimda,

I'm afraid I don't currently have a time frame for a Google Sheets update with multiple currencies. The Excel version will hopefully be updated first sometime in the next few months and then a Google Sheets version will be created based on the Excel sheet. When it does come the currency implementation will likely be crude. There will be fields for the currency exchange rates in the Settings sheet and you will select the currency for each bookmaker. The background calculations will merge the data based on the latest exchange rates that you entered.

Thank you for the BTC currency feedback. I have added it to the development notes.

Hey no worries, I can wait. Hopefully when the update is done you can notify me. You have my email from this forum account.

While I wait I'm just going to use two sheets, as mentioned.
    Then I'm going to pull most of the data in the Performance Summary from both sheets into a new sheet, summarize, and finally convert the total sum to my preferred currency (NOK).
    This link explains how to do it (look under "Google Sheets functions to combine data from multiple spreadsheets"): https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2019/08/22/google-sheets-ways-to-combine-multiple-sheets/#copy-tabs
    I'm a complete novice when it comes to Google Sheets, but I'm having a lot of fun learning how to do this

When you do add different currencies, I think there should be an option to select if you want the sums entered to be dynamic (based on exchange rate), or a set value (based on exchange rate on the day the bet was settled).
    For example, if I win X amount of BTC on a specific date, then I would like that sum to be registered as the value of those BTC on that specific date.
    If the value of the BTC won is dynamic in the sheet (based on BTC exchange rate), then the net profit constantly changes and it becomes confusing.

Calculating winnings in terms of BTC is a bit tricky, because as I said the value changes so much.
    What really matters for most who bet with BTC as currency is knowing the amount of BTC won/lost, and not how much that translates to in terms of USD, EUR, etc.
    Perhaps the sheet therefore should have a separate column keeping track of BTC net profit.

Some of the bookmakers I use actually use mBTC as currency.
    It's a pain to convert these mBTC sums into fiat currency each time I want to register these bets in the sheet.
    I use this site to do the conversion: https://youmeandbtc.com/bitcoin-converter/convert-btc-mbtc-bits-satoshis-usd
    What I would like is an option not only to select BTC as currency, but also mBTC.

I hope some of that made sense. If you need me for beta testing or more suggestions I would be honored to help.

Hello.

I want to thank you for that tool. I've been using it for 4 years already and it helps me a lot.
    I modified that sheet a bit for my needs and also I implemented multiple currencies feature. Just made a copy of my current sheet, you can take a look here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

To make it work you'll need to add Currency Converter addon to your google account:
    https://workspace.google.com/marketp...r/562317989852

In "Settings" section you can enter currencies you need with the first currency being base currency. Full list of available currencies can be found on the first column of "Currency" sheet.

Then we move to "Currency" sheet. You'll need to fill the table with all currencies you use and then apply standard Currency Converter formula for the rest of the column.
    In that sample doc you won't see that formula in first rows because I converted it to values at some moment to lower amount of calls made to addon. Rows from 132 are not converted so you can see the formula here.

Other sheets were changed to support multi-currencies and properly display information.

It's not perfect but it works so I wanted to share it here.

If you have any questions please contact me by Telegram: @StekAttack or Discord: Stek#9270

Hi Stek, awesome! thank you for sharing that.