Large Ad

Collapse

Who will be your Premier League champions in the 2021-2022 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caotriprodt
    • May 2021

Who will be your Premier League champions in the 2021-2022 season?

I think if MU and Mancity are one of the top candidates, they will recruit many good stars after the end of last season.
  • CharlotteHoffman
    • Aug 2021

I don't know but Chelsea will not win!
    Mark my words
    I am not a prophet!

minotaurfightstore | minotaurfightstore
    Last edited by CharlotteHoffman; 4 December 2021, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• blackswan
      • Sep 2014

At the moment I'm in the Chelsea camp, with City and Liverpool the other major contenders.

Comment

• Farraj90
        • Sep 2021

Manchester United are looking very strong this season but my heart is with Liverpool <3

Comment

• blackswan
          • Sep 2014

Yeah, the signing of Ronaldo changes the landscape a bit! I'm sticking for now with what I said in August. History is stacked against reigning EPL champions and Man City might prioritise the Champions League given they have never won it. Chelsea remain my pick but Liverpool are also a massive chance.

We'll learn more about the title contenders this weekend when Chelsea host Man City. I'm over the moon that they've scheduled it for a watchable time for me (9:30 PM on the Australian east coast). The round ends well too, with the no-love-lost derbies between Arsenal & Tottenham, then Crystal Palace vs. Brighton.

At the other end of the table my shortlist for relegation candidates is currently Norwich, Watford and Burnley. Depending on how injuries hit each team, Newcastle and Crystal Palace could find themselves in a spot of bother, but if they stay close to full strength I believe both teams will avoid the drop. Some shock possibilities for relegation are Southampton and Wolves. Leeds have had a disappointing start but I reckon they'll be fine.

Comment

• Farraj90
            • Sep 2021

I'm actually sad for Arsenal. Never been a fan, but always thought they were a strong and strong-willed team, especially under Arsene Wenger. But what's happening to them now is a complete mess.

Comment

• blackswan
              • Sep 2014

Yeah, it's interesting how far Arsenal have fallen. I used to love watching them during the Henry, Bergkamp & co era. That squad played some of the most beautiful football I have ever seen. Fast forward to this season and that game against Man City was horrific. Arsenal looked like they were playing an FA Cup tie against a team two divisions above.

Comment

• pominoz
                • Aug 2011

When Arsenal lose I head straight to AFTV for a good laugh. I have nothing against the club, I just enjoy their passionate rants . Just when I thought I took football seriously!

Comment

• Farraj90
                  • Sep 2021

Every team has had dark periods, but as you know, after darkness comes light.

Comment

• blackswan
                    • Sep 2014

Part of that source of light could be this weekend's fixture. A win over Tottenham would put smiles on their faces!

Comment

• Farraj90
                      • Sep 2021

Big derby coming up, it's going to be very interesting

Comment

• blackswan
                        • Sep 2014

I've changed my mind. I now feel more sorry for Spurs!

Comment

• Farraj90
                          • Sep 2021

Manchester United and Everton showed a great fight for 3rd place.

Comment

• JoJones14
                            • Oct 2021

i cant see everton doing much after that watford loss at home. big hit for their confidence!

Comment

• blackswan
                              • Sep 2014

Yeah that was an awful result, especially given their rivals Liverpool swatted aside Watford 5-0 the week before. Dominic Calvert-Lewin can't come back from injury soon enough.

Some other takeaways from last round:

Leeds - have yet to hit the form they showed last season. Injuries have exposed their squad depth. They should be fine once they're back to full strength, but it seems like as one player gets fit, another gets injured.

Palace - remind me a bit of Brighton in that they have been playing good football without getting the results they feel they deserve. Christian Benteke is too wasteful in front of goal.

Man Utd - is Solskjaer the right man for them or did he get this position too early in his managerial career? To lose 5-0 at home to Liverpool is devastating.

Liverpool - look much more like what we saw two seasons ago now that their defensive injury woes have abated. I'm hoping we see an epic three-way battle between Chelsea, City and Liverpool for the title.

Norwich - oh dear...

Comment

Working...
                              X