Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Hybrid View

Irish Pro Needs Help With Aussie Accounts

Hi Guys,
    I'm a professional punter in Ireland where it's becoming increasingly difficult to get on. I know that in the past people over here have used Aussie accounts. If someone has some expertise I'd like to have a chat about a) how your min bet guarantees apply to UK/Irish racing (if at all) b) how KYC/AML Source of Wealth works over there c) how quickly accounts get restricted.

If it's a runner the plan would be to target Aussie students to open accounts that we would then control from here using some software we've written.

Love to have a chat on whatsapp to anyone who knows the score.

Tks,
    Irish Punter

Hi Irish Punter,

Here's my best attempt at answering your questions.

A) I'm not aware of any minimum bet guarantees for UK/Irish racing. The only guarantees in place are for Australian racing, with the minimums varying depending on the state of each race venue.

B) KYC is achieved by most bookmakers with the help of a third party service that can verify customer details without having to upload scanned copies of ID. Our state drivers licence (which in Australia display our residential address) plus our Medicare card details are typically enough to get us over the line. Identity must be approved before making a withdrawal and must be done typically before 30 days of opening the account. If you make a deposit by credit card then most bookmakers require you send in scanned copies of both sides of the card. No such requirements are in place for POLi (instant online debit payment method) deposits or Paypal accounts.

C) Accounts can get restricted very quickly for sports betting due to no protections in place for punters. For Australian racing venues the bookmakers must abide by the minimum bet limits.
    Last edited by blackswan; 9th January 2022 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
    Hi Irish Punter,

Here's my best attempt at answering your questions.

A) I'm not aware of any minimum bet guarantees for UK/Irish racing. The only guarantees in place are for Australian racing, with the minimums varying depending on the state of each race venue.

B) KYC is achieved by most bookmakers with the help of a third party service that can verify customer details without having to upload scanned copies of ID. Our state drivers licence (which in Australia display our residential address) plus our Medicare card details are typically enough to get us over the line. Identity must be approved before making a withdrawal and must be done typically before 30 days of opening the account. If you make a deposit by credit card then most bookmakers require you send in scanned copies of both sides of the card. No such requirements are in place for POLi (instant online debit payment method) deposits or Paypal accounts.

C) Accounts can get restricted very quickly for sports betting due to no protections in place for punters. For Australian racing venues the bookmakers must abide by the minimum bet limits.
    This is really a fuss on the part of the bookmakers! Is this their way of preventing the use of other people's cards? I don't think it helps.