Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Excel Betting Tracker - Odds Type drop-down not working

Hi All -

I just downloaded the Standard Version (dollar version) spreadsheet, saved it to my laptop and am trying to fill in the Settings tab page, but the "Odds Type" drop-down won't work and its stuck on Honk Kong odds (wanting to use American). Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

EDIT: Im using Excel version 16.16.27 for Mac

Thanks so much for any help you can provide - M
    Last edited by MikeD; 11th February 2023 at 05:56 AM.

Hi MikeD,

The issue might be caused by the use of a Mac. This issue might also affect the dropdowns in the Performance Summary.

One option is to unlock the Settings worksheet (password is sport), then unhide the columns AA-AJ and change the value in cell AB3 to 2.

That fixed it! Thank you so much - was fiddling with that for quite awhile.

Looks like that same issue is likewise affecting the Perf Summary sheet, as well. Looks like the format there is different than in the Settings sheet, however. Any ideas on how I can remedy that?

Thanks again! Very much appreciated

Hi MikeD,

Yes, it will be the same issue affecting the Performance Summary. My apologies for the compatibility issues. The next version of the spreadsheet (no current timeframe unfortunately) will not have these drop-down form features.

The key cell values are hidden underneath the dropdowns in that sheet, so I would unlock the sheet (password is sport) and delete the drop downs. If you can't read the values underneath it might be because they're in white font, so try changing those cells to black text if you can't read anything. The values are:

Main filter:
    Cell B23
    1 = sport / league
    2 = bet type
    3 = tipper
    4 = my variable (or whatever you've changed it's name to)

Cell B26
    1 = all dates
    2 = custom dates (as entered in the two rows below)
    If you select 2 then the custom date locations are:
    B27 = start day
    C27 = start month (1 = January, 2 = February, etc.)
    D27 = start year (1 = the first year in your sheet, 2 = the second year in your sheet, etc. So if you have 2022 and 2023 data, 2022 = 1, 2023 = 2.)
    B28 = end day
    C28 = end month (1 = January, 2 = February, etc.)
    D28 = end year (1 = the first year in your sheet, 2 = the second year in your sheet, etc.)

Filters:
    These are a pain, unfortunately, because they relate to the values you entered into the Settings spreadsheet. A value of 1 means all values are included. A value of 2 of greater references a specific sport / tipper, etc. The first item in each list from the settings sheet will have a value of 2, the second 3, and so on.
    C29 = sports filter
    C30 = bet type filter
    C31 = tipper filter
    C32 = my variable filter (or whatever you changed it's name to)

Appreciate the detailed reply. Unfortunately, I'm a bit lost on this one, particularly the idea of deleting the drop downs. In the version I have, the main filter drop down is cell B24 and when I click on that and hit delete, the "sport/league" just disappears, the drop down box is still there, but I am still unable to utilize it and I don't see any of the options (1-4 listed), even when I change the font to black. I did try cell B23 and hit black text there, but likewise didn't see anything listed. I'm sure I'm just not understanding or maybe missing something obvious.

Sorry for all the confusion here. I might just try and get by without the performance summary or maybe rig something of my own together. I do appreciate all your help and patience here!

Hi MikeD,

No problem at all!

Try right clicking on the drop down to select it. If you select it with a normal mouse click, Excel will most likely select the cell content behind it rather than the drop down box itself. If you are able to select the box itself then a list of options will appear. Select Cut to remove the drop down.

excel_drop_down.png

Thanks for the feedback and your patience.

Just so im sure im doing this right and don't really screw the model up, I went to cell B24, right clicked and selected Cut and the dropdown disappeared, but I didn't see any of the 4 options (sport/league, bet type, tipper, my variable). Instead, it just displays a number "1", which doesn't seem right? Tried putting black text on that and surrounding cells, but didn't show anything other than that "1". Suggestions there?

Hi MikeD,

No problem at all.

It sounds like it works. The values are:
    1 = sport / league
    2 = bet type
    3 = tipper
    4 = my variable (or whatever you've changed it's name to)

If you want to filter by bet type you enter 2, for example. I would paste the above numbers and what they represent somewhere into the Performance Summary page so you know what each number represents.

Try setting the value to 2, then 3 then 4 to see how the table below updates accordingly.

THANK YOU!! Was able to get all of this fixed thanks to your instructions. Greatly appreciate your patience in taking the time to field and answer all of my questions here - that was above and beyond. Really excited to have this as part of my toolkit now. Thanks again!

You're most welcome! Glad I could help