Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Hybrid View

Openoffice Sheet, how to calculate the 5.3% taxes in the betting sheet

Hello,

first of all thank you for sharing this amazing betting openoffice sheet.

I am from germany and i wanna track my betting history, but we have in germany 5.3% taxes on all bets.

my problem is now, that the solution for the net worth with 5.3% is not right in the payout cell.

The 5.3% tax must still be correctly deducted from the potential payout.

I have tried everything and have not yet found a solution. Maybe we have an Excel nerd here in the forum who can tell me the solution.

Thanks in advance

Hi hadeka,

It sounds like you'll have to unlock the sheet (I believe the password is sport) and manually change the calculations to apply the tax rate correctly. If you scroll far to the right in the Bets worksheet you'll find some working cells that may need to be updated.

The current sheet uses the Betfair commission structure, which applies the commission to the net profit. It sounds like you'll need to change this to instead apply the tax rate to the stake. The most important columns to update are Payout and Profit/Loss.

Hey mate,

first of all, thanks for the quick help, I didn't see the cells before, but they are too complex for me. I tried replacing the 0.5 with 5.3%, but it didn't work.

try my luck again, maybe I will get it right.

Hi hadeka,

One workaround is to input two lines for every bet. The first entry is the bet itself (don't input anything for the commission) and the second entry would be set as a losing bet with a stake amount that equals the tax on that associated bet (check with your bookmaker to see what the tax amount is, or input it as a calculation based on the stake from the first line). My recommendation is you enter the bookmaker, sport / league, bet type and tipster details for both entries so that the taxes are associated with the correct categories. The win and loss counts would be thrown off, but the rest of the performance metrics should remain accurate.