Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SL V AUS 3rd Test

Play is underway with a draw looking likely given the pitch conditions and some rain predicted.

From cricinfo: "We're preparing for a long haul on a traditionally flat SSC pitch," Clarke said two days before the match. The SSC surface tends to produce hefty first-innings scores - at least in the past few years - and the team that wins the toss will certainly be batting."

Currently Aus 20/1

SL: 6.00
    Australia: 3.75
    Draw: 1.57

I'll probably play the waiting game and see how things develop before I jump in.

While a draw is the likely outcome on this match.. ive gone for a winner on each side, again, considering odds for a win are high... though odds have increased since I placed my bets.. ive gone -

SL win - $15 @4.75 with a profit of $41.25
    AUS win - $15 @3.50 with a profit of $22.50

So financially i will be better off if SL win, but I will be cheering AUS all the way..

Im hoping with the clouds around that the ball may move if we pitch it up... Johnson is due a match winning performance.

Certainly draw is the most likely outcome on a flat pitch with rain around.. your right to hang off pominoz for an in-play bet. Im going to wait and see if the draw can blow out a little then I may consider a $10 bet.... will wait and see what happens.

Australia losing 2 wickets in the 1st session is a great start for SL... Marsh and Ponting have looked steady and solid since then.. if these 2 can hang in I can see them lifting the pace perhaps in the 2nd hour of the 2nd session....

This could either be a boring test.. or prove to be intruiging. All relies on the bowlers picking up quick wickets (like any test match, but more so on a flat track).

Sri Lanka are currently $6.00. Looks juicy but I'll keep out. My speculative series multi bet has been a disaster (Clarke for most Aus runs, Johnson for most wickets). I'll have to improve for the next series!

On Sunday I backed the draw at 1.57 odds, which is looking all but guaranteed at the moment.

With Aus leading by 330 runs and about 21 overs remaining for the day I think the fat lady has sung.