Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Angry Warning about luxbet

Anyone thinking about signing up to Luxbet please be aware:

The free bet only gives back what the horse is paying i.e. I put a $25 bet on a horse to place and it did at $1.04 - I only won a $1 because it only pays the winnings and not what you put in. So if you used a $100 free bet on a $1.04 place you would win $4 that is all

Also when you deposit money you cannot withdraw winnings unless you have placed the bet on something paying $1.50 or more.

Don't even bother contacting their customer service either they are useless and the same person lies and tries to tell you they are the supervisor and then they are the manager and you are not allowed to talk to anyone above them.

If you don't believe me I have kept the whole conversation as proof of their thieving tactics.

The free bet only gives back what the horse is paying i.e. I put a $25 bet on a horse to place and it did at $1.04 - I only won a $1 because it only pays the winnings and not what you put in. So if you used a $100 free bet on a $1.04 place you would win $4 that is all
    That's always the case with free bets. The stakes aren't included in your winnings.

Also when you deposit money you cannot withdraw winnings unless you have placed the bet on something paying $1.50 or more.
    That's really common as well, although not all bookmakers set minimum odds.

I will agree that their customer service isn't great though.