Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Four Nations 2011

The Four Nations tournament between England, Wales, Australia and New Zealand kicks off this Friday. You can follow all the action from the official website. Wales are in this year's tournament after their upset 12-11 win over France in last year’s European Cup.

Australia start the tournament as the overwhelming favourites after they crushed the Kiwis 42-6 in the warm up game on October 16th. Below are the tournament winner odds (subject to change):

Australia - 1.37
    New Zealand - 3.85
    England - 9.00
    Wales - 301.00

The first round of games sees Australia play New Zealand and England play Wales. The bookies are expecting a much better turnout by the Kiwis than earlier in the month, and have installed Australia as the 14-point favourites. Meanwhile, England are expected to make light work of Wales, with bookmakers giving the Welsh a 32-point head start.

Below are the latest odds for the first round of matches (subject to change):

Below is the full fixture list for the competition:

28/10 Australia vs New Zealand
    29/10 England vs Wales
    5/11 Wales vs New Zealand
    5/11 England vs Australia
    12/11 England vs New Zealand
    13/11 Wales vs Australia
    19/11 TBC vs TBC

I've got Aus to win tournament @ 1.40 and Aus -14.5 vs NZ

the kiwis are missing 12 players through injury, so this comp is for Aus to lose

don't know anything about Wales so won't look at the other game

I don't recall ever seeing Australia that short against the Kiwis. I'm with you rotten_luck. I like the line bet better than the h2h odds.

The next round of matches will be held on November 5th (local time). Below are the latest Pinnacle Sports odds (subject to change):

England 5.98
    Australia 1.167

Wales 22.73
    New Zealand 1.02

1.02 for NZ? I can only get 1.004 atm with bet365.

Australia are now 1.29 to win the tournament...

The next round of matches will be held on November 12th and 13th (local time). England vs New Zealand should be a tight contest, with the winner going through to face Australia in the final. For Wales vs Australia the only question will be the final scoreline, with Australia starting as 1.001 favourites.

Below are the latest bet365 odds (subject to change):

November 12th: England vs New Zealand

England 2.37
    New Zealand 1.66

England (+3.5) 1.90
    New Zealand (-3.5) 1.90

November 13th: Wales vs Australia

Wales 51.00
    Australia 1.001

Wales (+52.5) 1.90
    Australia (-52.5) 1.90

After England beat New Zealand last week it will be Australia vs. England in the final of the Four Nations. Bookmakers have installed Australia as the 1.22 favourites, which isn't as short as their previous fixture against England in group play. For line betting England have been given a +12.5 head start.

Below are the latest odds (subject to change):